Looking for support for that over 40 group.......

Options
Hi all.

I am a 44 year old working mom mom of 2 teenage boys. I did the WW thing, which worked great for a while. Lost 69 lbs in 2008/2009, but then after a couple of years of keeping it off, have gained back about half of it. I am currently determined to lose 23 lbs to get back to where I want to be. Thought I'd give MFP a try.

I used to enjoy excersing, but now find it a chore just to get to the gym. Looking to find others who are finding that losing weight after 40 is harder than it used to be, and who can share some ideas to get moving!

Would love to find a group of folks to support, and be supported by, to help us all succeed.

Determined to lose this in time for our annual family portrait, which we take in December, in front of the castle at Disneyland. :)
Feel free to add me if you are looking for the same.

Replies

• Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    turning 42 in a couple weeks, this site is changing my life and my group of friends are great, would love to add you to that group
  • boophil
    boophil Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    41 here. You say you have teenage boys.....do you by any chance have an Xbox with Kinect? I love mine......don't really like the gyms by me, but I have some really good workout games and have been having good results. Feel free to add me!

BTW - I am a single, full-time working mom to an amazing 9-year-old daughter!
  • dc729
    dc729 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I fit the over 40 category. You can add me if you'd like. :smile:
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I turn 43 next month. I also have 2 teenage boys. I thought it would be difficult to lose weight since I'm "over 40" now, but it really hasn't been that hard. Tracking my food on here has helped tremendously. Eating more veggies has really helped me not to feel hungry. I'm getting ready to add exercise today. I hate the gym so I'm starting the 30 Day Shred today. Also, a trick my parents taught me, I've been using a salad plate for my meals because it really represents what a serving portion should look like.
  • cindy4361
    cindy4361 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi!! I am 45 and trying to lose about 45 lbs. I am down 4lbs and I am looking for supportive friends on here. Please feel free to add me if you want! Good luck on your journey!
  • NeverSayNoToPanda
    NeverSayNoToPanda Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 (no kids), vegetarian, trying to lose that last ten or so pounds. Feel free to add me!
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    42 year old working mom of three....21, 19 and 12. Anyone can free to add me as well, if you you'd like. I'm here every day...currently on day 290. :smile:
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im 40 something (LOL). Feel free to add me!
  • ntdrive
    ntdrive Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    49 here.... I'm in here too often. :smile: Feel free to add me
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and have lived for the past 25 years in Germany. MFP has helped me lose over 25 pounds and I have a good 10-15 pounds to go. I like encouraging people and commenting on their success/posts!

Add me as a friend if you like.
  • Stace8471
    Stace8471 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am in the 40 is the new 20 bunch. Feel free to add me, I have been on MFP for a month and have lost some, I feel like it should be more but I am not giving up.
  • Hughesers
    Hughesers Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 43, two teenagers aged 19 and 16. I work part time 3 days a week. I have been doing mfp since half way through April. I have lost 11lbs so far and just aiming to loose the last 6 or 7 lbs. Its great to have support, my hubby and 19 year old have been on this site too, so we are all supporting each other. I love exercise too and find going to the gym with mates give me the motivation, if I don't do the gym hubby and I go for long walks, hoping to get started with a bit of jogging, running soon to try and flatten my tummy. Good luck x
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 48 and started really packing on the pounds at 43 or so. I log everything everyday! I've been 2 months on MFP and lost 11 lbs plus 3 before that with a different tracker (no where near as good!) If you want to add me, please do!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    45 here! I have found mfp to be an awesome help:)
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and always looking to add supportive like minded friends. Any can add me if you like!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    In for the older folks . . .

Sorry, I'm 40 so not over.
  • 228lrt
    228lrt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I celebrated the 20th anniversary of my 49th birthday this year!! lol This site has been great for me getting my calorie consumption under control. I've been on MFP for over 2 years now. Feel free to add me if you like even tho I'm a couple of years past the 40 mark. :-)
  • DTJBMcT
    DTJBMcT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 42!! Anyone add me if you're interested! I really want more MFP friends! :flowerforyou:
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I jog and lift weights... Being over 40, I have bad knees so I just wear knees straps every time I work out!!
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi, if your still looking for friends you can add me. I'm out of my forty's now and loving life.