Tracking calories after throwing up?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    I think she needs to answer the question because having HG and not being able to hold down food should put her working under supervision by a doctor to help her gain weight and nutrition..

I was confused that she was a bit OCD and trying to count calories to lose weight ... because yes... her Weight Tracker says she wants to lose 15 pounds....etc...

she probably is working with a Dr as she says shes on medicine..... Her Dr would have her trying to track calories though. I actually tracked my weight during my third pregnancy to keep an eye on it and everytime I lost weight people were like "good job" "way to go" hahah not even thinking I was 32 weeks pregnant and at 125 from 155.......it's all relative and someone's profile is such a tiny snapshot of the whole picture.
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    ^ ??? was this anecdote to promote throwing up to lose weight? Or are you attempting to suggest that one should track calories, even with throwing up, to ensure that they still get the right amount of calories her/his body needs to not lose weight despite the vomiting?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    r5d5 wrote: »
    ^ ??? was this anecdote to promote throwing up to lose weight? Or are you attempting to suggest that one should track calories, even with throwing up, to ensure that they still get the right amount of calories her/his body needs to not lose weight despite the vomiting?

She is pregnant and has HG... This is not promoting throwing up...

She is tracking calories to assure that she is getting proper nutrition for her and her unborn child.... Her weight tracker shows she wants to lose weight but we are not sure if this is possibly her tracker before she got pregnant...
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

She is tracking calories to assure that she is getting proper nutrition for her and her unborn child.... Her weight tracker shows she wants to lose weight but we are not sure if this is possibly her tracker before she got pregnant...

They took off the see how long someone is a member feature from the old forums. That would totally help us out in this case.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Fast digesting foods include potatoes, sugary foods. Those will hit the system pretty fast. So they would count regardless.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I had to count calories when I was pregnant because of how often I was throwing up. I couldn't keep a prenatal down for anything! If you throw up within 30 minutes of eating you cannot count those calories. Try to stay as hydrated as possible otherwise you're going to end up needing an IV. How often are you having to get weighed? Are you being monitored by a high risk o.b.?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

This.

And, while I understand some people with this condition need to track, I just am not sure that's the case here.

Her bio is all about having baby. So, she updated that. Or, I would guess, just joined. Why would she not update the ticker? That doesn't really point to the theory that she had an account here, got pregnant and just forgot to change it.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    If this is a real post then I think it's time to go speak to your doctor and not a group of Internet strangers.

Yeah - pretty much this. I'd assume your doctor has, or can come up with, a plan for you. Or at least point you in the direction of an RD that will.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    talk to your dr. Typically your calorie level should be higher while you are pregnant not lower. The good thing about tracking what you eat on MFP is that you can make notes on your food diary. If a particular food is making you throw up more than another food stop eating it.

Good luck
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    I really want to take this post at face value, but my spidey sense is going off here big time.

You really shouldn't be worried about counting calories right now - you should be worried on eating when you can eat and keeping food down.

Maybe dinner is a finger down the throat?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Oh no you di'int!