I'm in Ketosis. What do I do now?

Options
Hello everyone, After really low carbing for a week or so, my ketosis meter this morning reads 2.4! The question is, what do I do now? I have had Gestational Diabetes twice so I know a little bit about ketosis but can anyone help me in figuring out how to maintain this 2.4 reading?
Thanks

Replies

• vikkir8
    vikkir8 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Atkins diet sticking to 20 grams of carbs a day. I've been in ketosis for around 10 days so far.
  • misskarihari
    misskarihari Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just eat low carb food. Avoid bread, pasta, rice and starch filled vegetables like carrot and potatoes. I can recommend the book Life without bread http://www.amazon.com/Life-Without-Bread-Low-Carbohydrate-Diet/dp/0658001701. It is useful when you are going for a ketosis based diet.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Eat mostly fat and keep your Carbs to the nutrient dense low calorie type and eat protein moderately, which is what you should be doing now.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You say you know about ketosis from gestational diabetes? Is that because you were put on a ketogenic diet by doctors, or were they describing ketoacidosis to you (which is very different from ketosis due to a low carb diet)?