Lunch questions

Options
I am sure this has been asked before but searching through the posts I didn’t get the answer I was quite looking for. My boyfriend and I work really early in the morning 5:30am I am already in the office and I don’t get out until 3:30. So Our lunches are a combination of this or that and never feel like a solid lunch or its the same sandwich over and over again. Does anyone have any Ideas on a healthy lunch that isn’t soup and sandwiches?

Replies

• Lea10
    Lea10 Posts: 22
    Options
    Different types of salads, chicken, different meats etc..... or pasta dishes with cold meats etc
  • lisadonachie
    Options
    Can you not make your lunch the night before. you could do tuna salad in a tupaware dish or chicken pasta (easy on the mayo) for desert you could do a seperate chopped fruit. and to snack on maybe carrot sticks n celery with hummas dip x
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    How about a homemade salad with a lean protein,nuts, seeds, dried/fresh fruit, a light dressing and a side of grapes and cottage cheese! OR to save you the trouble grill some chicken breasts(to avoid all the sodium) and go to McDonalds for a salad!
  • indybrown
    indybrown Posts: 31
    Options
    Whenever we grill chicken or pork for dinner, we always make sure we have a few extra pieces for our lunches and so that's usually a couple of times a week and I'll couple that with a veggie and some fruit. At least once or twice a week, I'll just take a sandwich and a salad; a McDonald's salad is good as the other post said. I do know that it gets to be the same ol' thing it seems...I'm in the habit of doing that with my breakfast.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My lunch is usually some variation of a spinach salad. Today it's spinach, apples, almonds & cheese w/ Bolthouse Farms Honey Mustard Dressing. Other than that... eat some raw veggies or fruit on the side.