Fruit and Vegetables; calorie counting

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm questioning this too in regards to MFP. I lost 130 pound on Weight Watchers and ate a TON of fruit/veggies. I've been logging both MFP and WW to compare where I land on each system and go over on MFP if I log fruit/veggies (so far anyway, I will try some slight adjustments in my diet while still logging everything). I think every body is different, not counting them worked for me on WW (I lost an entire person!) but that might not be the case for others.

WW gives you less points than MFP gives you calories to make up for it though. If you use MFP, you HAVE to count your fruit and veggies. Yesterday I had 281 calories in fruit and veggies. That's quite a lot when your goal is 1800 calories.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I'm questioning this too in regards to MFP. I lost 130 pound on Weight Watchers and ate a TON of fruit/veggies. I've been logging both MFP and WW to compare where I land on each system and go over on MFP if I log fruit/veggies (so far anyway, I will try some slight adjustments in my diet while still logging everything). I think every body is different, not counting them worked for me on WW (I lost an entire person!) but that might not be the case for others.

Weight Watchers is a dumbed down version of calorie counting. I prefer MFP because I know absolutely for a fact that vegetables have calories and I don't have need of a dumbed down version of calorie counting.