accents, hot or not?

Options

Replies

• runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Southern United States and South African. Although the latter may have something to do with Charlize Theron.

Charlize Theron is too Americanised. She has lost most of her South African accent. Biased as this sounds I do love the range of South Arican accents, including mine. Each language group in the country has its own accent and all sound good in their way. If you really want to hear South African accents, rent a District 9 DVD and I promise you'll be blown away.

As for foreign accents, I love the northern English and Scottish accents, and although I don't necessarily think it's hot, I quite love the Indian accent. It's quite entertaining to listen to. I think the Irish accent is quite cool. And I love how the Quebecan accent sounds almost French, but not quite French! I also like the southern accent and the African American "hood" accent (not really sure what I can call it). And last but not least, one of my favourite accents has to be the Italian American accent. I just love the way it sounds.
  • 2old2befat
    2old2befat Posts: 21
    Options
    Peeks in to look, hoping they are!!

My southern accent is so heavy...that I confuse the crap outta those automated phone systems...always makes me repeat my response..over and over! LOL
  • deemartin2
    deemartin2 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm from New Jersey but have a pretty neutral speech pattern/ accent (for my area) with the exception of a few words here and there. I personally have a LOVE of Irish, Scottish, and certain British accents. I also thoroughly enjoy a sexy country boy with a southern drawl, yes please! :smooched:
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't it be about the PERSON and not the accent they grew up to have?
    Doesn't everyone have an accent to someone else?
    Somewhere in NY state, that is the only place that there isn't an "accent" according to how the news media is set up.
    Now, are those that hate accents saying these are the only 'voices' that are ok?

Nothing like starting off a thread bashing over 50% of the people on her with something that they cannot help without years of lessons and practice.
    My 'accent' is completely muddled. I guess nobody would like me then :(
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Depends on the accent!
  • Kilokata
    Kilokata Posts: 111
    Options
    I love a girl with a british accent.

I hate southern drawls, to me it just sounds like somebody who's too lazy to pronounce it right.

^ please note I don't mean any offense, it's just not my thing.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Peeks in to look, hoping they are!!

My southern accent is so heavy...that I confuse the crap outta those automated phone systems...always makes me repeat my response..over and over! LOL

me too! I'm FOREVER repeating things on automated phone systems, lol!
    Options
    Somewhere in NY state, that is the only place that there isn't an "accent" according to how the news media is set up.
    Now, are those that hate accents saying these are the only 'voices' that are ok?

Nothing like starting off a thread bashing over 50% of the people on her with something that they cannot help without years of lessons and practice.

this was not at ALL created to bash ANYONE. As previously stated as a response to another user, I am WELL aware that we ALL have accents and SHOULD have titled this WHAT ACCENT(S) DO YOU FIND HOT? It was created for fun to see others preferences only. Nothing more. Let's not make it something its not. :wink:

ETA: wouldn't that be 100% of people, not 50%?
  • deemartin2
    Options

Wow this was created just for fun. Way to create an issue when there was none to be had. So do us all a favor and get over yourself. If you see something you do not like you do not have to reply, leave the rest of us to enjoy the thread in peace.

Edit: The only bashing done here was by you. If you had read through the posts you would have seen that.
    Options

Wow this was created just for fun. Way to create an issue when there was none to be had. So do us all a favor and get over yourself. If you see something you do not like you do not have to reply, leave the rest of us to enjoy the thread in peace.

Edit: The only bashing done here was by you. If you had read through the posts you would have seen that.

I like you! :bigsmile:
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hot.
    I can't keep the girls off my husbands family when they visit Texas from England. :glasses:
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options

I hate southern drawls, to me it just sounds like somebody who's too lazy to pronounce it right.

I love my Southern drawl..... it makes me, me :glasses:
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Accents make me swoon :love: :love: :love:

...all but American southern accents...:ohwell:
    Options

I love my Southern drawl..... it makes me, me :glasses:

same here. Most people probably wouldn't have guessed I had a Southern drawl, either. I don't think I sound lazy, either, for the record (in response to the quote above).
  • deemartin2
    Options

I like you! :bigsmile:

Haha thanks, :smile: this is a fun topic
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I have a thing for British accents.
    Eastern European ones are rather nice too.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    of course they're hawt, fugghedaboutit.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have an English accent :smile:

I love the Scottish accent :) And New Yorkers, come at me!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I have an English accent :smile:

I love the Scottish accent :) And New Yorkers, come at me!

Doin_doin.gif
  • jaly92
    jaly92 Posts: 91
    Options
    I have a Southern English accent which is a happy middle between the "Oh splendid darling, what what" and "i iz gunna bang u out enit fam!"

Apparently the fact I still pronounce my t's in 'water' and say 'thanks' instead of 'fanx' makes me sound posh but I don't hear it myself!

I'm a real sucker for most accents especially Northern/Irish/Scottish/Aussie. I like pretty much everything except really strong Welsh, Texas/Louisiana/Oklahoma, Indian/Asian and plain 'chav' :P (Just realised how racist that makes me sound, lol!)