I get full so quickly!

Options
5"4, 104-105 (I don't have a scale, but my weight hasn't visibly changed since I was last weighed)
Female, 27y/o
Pescatarian (largely vegetarian)

MyFitnessPal says that I should be eating 1920 calories a day to gain 10lbs very gradually, and I'm still almost always 200-300 calories under each day because I just can't eat any more. The only times I meet or slightly exceed my goal is when I stop eating healthily and have too much sugar or saturated fats, which I obviously do not want to do all the time.

I don't have a history of ED, but recently I have had a more sensitive stomach than normal, leading me to eat even less. I also lost a ton of weight (close to 10lbs) a year ago after major surgery.

Replies

• terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. That is all.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on toast 2 slices, 15g of PB on each slice with some spread = 400ish(+) cals depending on the bread and spread/butter you use.

What other things do you usually eat, there are calorie dense "pimps" for most dishes?
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Also avocado.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    This is a really generic list, so you'll have to cut out or ignore those that aren't vegan, but anything here can be included in a balanced diet (as long as there are no allergies, medical conditions, obviously):
    avocado
    peanut butter (or other nut butters)
    dark chocolate
    seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, etc.)
    nuts
    olive oil
    coconut oil
    beans and lentils
    protein shakes, bars, and smoothies
    hummus
    cornbread
    full calorie condiments
    full calorie sauces & dressings
    guacamole
    whole grain pasta
    rice
    quinoa
    fruit and fruit juices
    pretzels
    bananas
    scones
    muffins (bran, blueberry, banana nut, etc.)
    potatoes (sweet, red, gold, purple, white, etc.)
    dried fruit (raisins, apricots, plums, dates, etc.)
    granola
    coconut
    edamame
    honey
    molasses
  • elfman5150
    elfman5150 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat foods that are higher in calories as mentioned above (e.g. peanut butter). But also try to remove foods that are 'bulky' but not calorically dense, like vegetables. I know that for me, I'll feel a lot fuller after having a big 200 calorie salad than if I had 200 calories of peanut butter.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I think your stomach has shrunk. Spread your meals out up to six meals a day (three squares and three snacks). Eat more of the calorie dense foods listed above. Always pair a carbohydrate with a fatty protein. For instance, peanut butter or hummus on a cracker. All nuts are wonderful. Sprinkle them on your pastas. Add unsaturated fats to your cooking. I like an oil/vinegar dip for my breads.

http://www.cdc.gov/nutrition/everyone/basics/fat/unsaturatedfat.html
  • cflint809
    cflint809 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Experiment with shakes and smoothies, drinking calories in the morning and throughout the day is sometimes easier than trying to stuff down the last spoonful of peanut butter.
  • knitknut44
    knitknut44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ckanders87 wrote: »
    5"4, 104-105 (I don't have a scale, but my weight hasn't visibly changed since I was last weighed)
    Female, 27y/o
    Pescatarian (largely vegetarian)

Wow, we have a lot in common! I'm also Pescatarian, same height, but only 97 lb right now as I'm recovering from major abdominal surgery. But before surgery I was still only 101, and also had the same problem of not needing much food to be full, and it's hard since that is what your body is use to, your stomach does adjust, and so does your metabolism to a degree. I understand how hard it is to undo, and I eat small amounts through the day as much as I can. I am not use to junk food or sweets at all, but my RD wants me to keep pushing Ensure or Boost on top of my smoothies that I pack with nutrients and calories, and the other bits of food I can manage to eat. The supplement drinks don't seem very natural to me, but she swears they are good for me and I need them!