Stomach still is big is there any hope?

Ok, guys I need some help/advice. I have lost 45 pounds on MFP since February 2014. I need to lose about another 13 pounds. I have lost weight in every area on my body but my stomach. Will it ever go "down" with time? Any exercises? Or is surgery the only cure? Feeling frustrated. I'm a 53 year old lady and my height is 5'2". Thank you in advance.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    It will go eventually, just keep going
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    *points to the top of the board where So You Want a Nice Stomach is pinned*

That's the thread that will help you. You can't spot reduce, and depending on genetics where you gain first is often the last to come off.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Echoing that it will go eventually. Keep doing what you are doing. And, if you are not strength training, now is the time to start for your overall health both now and heading into the future.
  • Strength training is the key, watching specific macros depending on your goals. For me, Intermittent Fasting the key to losing the stubborn belly fat. Leangains.com was my guide.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    I lose weight my stomach last, too. It will go down eventually. You can also change the kinds of food you eat to help with it. My stomach is way flatter if I'm on a high protein diet as opposed to eating tons of white breads, sugar, etc.
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    I started doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and it is a good cardio workout with lots of sit-ups. If we could have flat stomachs like those ladies, it would be worth it to keep doing that video for 30 minutes a day. Good luck!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    I am in the same boat as you. My legs and arms and tush look great but tummy is still not good. I'm not sure about the whole "spot reducing" thing. I run and do weights and those are the areas where I had significant loss. I've begun doing plank, side plank, sit ups and crunches for about 10 minutes a night and I did lose an inch on my waist since I began a month ago. Whether that was because it was my other efforts finally hit my tummy or from focusing on my trouble area I feel good about it. I have a weak core from babies and c-sections and I feel like plank and side plank in particular are really stregnthening excerises.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    edited February 2015
    Flexees by Maidenform. Seriously.

By some good supportwear and wear it proudly!