What Annoys You?

Options
kamakazeekim
kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
I am in a mommy group on Facebook and I swear to all that is holy...I might just throat punch the next mom who goes on about how she refuses to feed her kids anything with gluten or dairy in it. I get if you have a legit allergy...that's different. These women seem to be the type of helicopter parents that are the bane of humanity by creating the current state of entitled little brats.

Replies

• jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    people in general annoy me.
    but let me just make a short list
    - people who post how busy they are (get off the computer and you can free up some time)
    - people who say I can't before they even try.
    - people who make everything about themselves.
    - people who think they deserve a break in life.
    i could go on and on...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Questioning threads, all the time.
  • This seems to be more of a male thing, than a female thing; it's disgusting. Being a human lawn sprinkler system & spitting lugees everywhere. If no one wants to see you put snot, into your mouth; after picking your nose/you really believe that we want to see snot; coming out of your mouth? I do understand having to spit stuff out, although I don't decorate my sink's mirror, wall and/or counter; when I spit out my mouthwash either. At least be discrete about it & have some couth about yourself!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hmm what annoys me.
    -people that don't use there turn signals, seriously hope you crash your car someday because of not using your blinker. (Fun fact over half of car accidents could have been avoiding by signaling properly)
    -When my stepson asks me a question during homework time that I tell him to google and he says he would rather ask me ( his computer is right there and what the heck does he think I am going to do? I have to google it too lol, like I am going to remember the year a certain battle happened when Ihaven't taken a history class since 11th grade)
    -People petting my head the wrong way (against the hair) only happens once in a while but sure drives me bonkers.
    -When background noises get louder and louder until I can't hear myself. (especially if the loud noise is a group of teenagers)
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    40 hour work weeks
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hmm don't know how I double posted, well that annoys me lol

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    I'm kind of annoyed by you, does that count? Just kidding. I hate pandas. Not sure why. I think it's there faux bear status. You're no bear panda. You're just some stupid marsupial.

Pandas are bears and not marsupials.
    thBCiHj.jpg

OT: my MIL and Citizenship and Immigration Canada are right p!ssing me off.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of annoyed by you, does that count? Just kidding. I hate pandas. Not sure why. I think it's there faux bear status. You're no bear panda. You're just some stupid marsupial.

Do you mean koala bears? Because a Panda actually IS a bear...
  • Codilee87
    Options
    Codilee87 wrote: »

Do you mean koala bears? Because a Panda actually IS a bear...

I'm wrong but I stand by my wrongness. I will continue to believe Pandas are not bears out of spite.

Fair enough
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I've been increasing my time on my aerobic rider and now my dang tailbone hurts
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I'm generally very tolerant, but one pet peeve is when people say "muscle weighs more than fat". I hear and see that frequently and just have to bite my tongue (or keep my typing fingers to myself). I'm NOT always successful at not correcting this misconception. Errrgh. Did you not take math or science, people? A pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of golf balls!
  • AshC1023
    AshC1023 Posts: 109
    Options
    Parenting groups are just...fail. What did parents do before the internet? They hung out with their friends and judged each other instead! I have 4 kids and I've come down to this "you do you, I'll do me" - what I do with my kids is my business and keep what you do with yours to yourself if you're going to be judgmental.
    - Drivers where I live. That handle on the left of the steering wheel? It's a signal switch, and if you touch it, it will tell everyone else that you want to merge over or are turning! NOT DIFFICULT!
    - "Army wives" - the type that "my husband's rank is_____" "We" got promoted. No, just, no. Unless someone asks you, nobody cares; your husband, my husband, all wear green. No, HE got promoted and earned it, not you. Sorry, when I meet these types (certainly doesn't encompass all military spouses) I automatically know that we won't be friends because it will annoy me to no end.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    anti-vaccers...
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    anti-vaccers...

oh-boy.gif
  • Codilee87
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    I'm generally very tolerant, but one pet peeve is when people say "muscle weighs more than fat". I hear and see that frequently and just have to bite my tongue (or keep my typing fingers to myself). I'm NOT always successful at not correcting this misconception. Errrgh. Did you not take math or science, people? A pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of golf balls!

Yeah this one is annoying but I usually don't say anything because I know what they "meant" (even if they said it completely wrong).
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options

Yeah this one is annoying but I usually don't say anything because I know what they "meant" (even if they said it completely wrong).

My usual response goes like this . . . . "measurements tell the tale - muscle is denser than fat and takes up less space" without actually saying they're wrong. o:)
  • Codilee87
    Options

My usual response goes like this . . . . "measurements tell the tale - muscle is denser than fat and takes up less space" without actually saying they're wrong. o:)

I say "I'd rather be a solid 150lbs than a soft 120"
  • dogbydog123
    dogbydog123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Pandas are actually closely related to raccoons. They are not in the same genus as bears. Koalas likewise are not bears. Brittanies are no longer spaniels. LoL.

That spitting in public thing-- yeah, that's disgusting.

Personally directed sarcasm and excessive use of foul esplatives annoy me.

And itmakes me crazy when people leave lights or pther appliances onunnecessarily. OMW! ,Turn off the light!