Boring old meals!

Options
Any ideas on meals you can have when on a diet that are low in fat, and under calorie intake. Healthy meals seem to be meat an vegetable and are so boring!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Sare_Bare
    Sare_Bare Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    BBC Good Food has a lot of different recipes and you can filter for low fat and low calorie recipes. It also give you the nutritial breakdown per serve so very easy to add into the food database.

Here is the link http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • kimpenelope
    Options
    I use sauces to make things more interesting, you can get loads of low fat ones, or if you have the time (which I dont) you can make them yourself!

For example, the other day I had a skinless chicken fillet on a bed of courgettes, peppers, mushrooms etc (you can use more exotic veg), but mixed all of the veg in with a Asda Good for You - Tomato and Mascarpone Sauce, which tasted really good, better than just chicken and veg, and only came to 261 calories!
  • marybottoms
    marybottoms Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use a cookbook called Secrets to "Fat Free Cooking" by Sandra Woodruff, RD. It has wonderful dinner recipes like Spaghetti with Shrimp and Sun Dried Tomatoes (318 calories with 2.2g fat for a serving), Baked chicken with Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomatoes (209 calories with 3.3g fat per servings), Crispy Cajun Chicken (207 calories with 3.2g fat per servings), Mexican Skillet Dinner (278 calories with 3.3g fat per servings ) and Sheperd's Pie (265 calories with 3g fat per serving) to name a few. I have a youngster and he loves it too (which makes it easier for me). I do also make sure that half of my plate is fill with low carb veggies (it helps fill me up because I am a BIG EATER...no dainty eating for me :) I also use www.allrecipes.com for recipes. You can always change up ingredients to make it healthier. Hope this helps.:smile:
  • Lea10
    Lea10 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    I USE A LOT OF WEIGHT WATCHERS RECIPES.. I WAS SURPRISED AT ALL THE DIFFERENT THINGS I FOUND ON THERE...