what is the best exercise for fast burning fat?

Hello everyone, I'm new to MFP and just started my journey to lose weight. Not sure if I'm in the right forum but what is the best exercise to burn fat fast and to lose weight? I started doing 45 minute cardio almost every day but my weight seems to stay in the same number. I don't want to give up so I need motivation. So far I have made major changes on my portions and eating healthier although being Latina it's too hard to stay away from carbs. Any input and advice is greatly appreciated, thanknow you and God bless all.

Replies

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Honestly it depends. The best cardio to burn fat is what ever cardio you can stick with. I love to run, right now all of my cardio comes from running or doing intervals with resistance on machines to get ready for a 12K I have coming up. An elliptical would suck for me, because I HATE it, and it causes my hip to rotate wrong (I have a metal plate in my pelvis) and it causes massive pain. Swimming works best for some, doesn't work for me as I don't like it. Try different stuff and see what you like that you can stick with
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Do you have a way to lift? Fat loss will come from a deficit-exercise is for health and will help that deficit.
  • bryant28408
    bryant28408 Posts: 52 Member
    It's also important to carefully weigh and record your intake. Don't guess. Use the MFP app, set it up for your needs and stick with it. The weight will come off.
  • Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    fork put downs
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    I do best on the treadmill. I know it doesn't burn as many calories as other exercises, but I'm comfortable with it. I play around and zoom up and down the incline and mph, yet still just log the time I spent. Whatever you like to do is right for you.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    I do best on the treadmill. I know it doesn't burn as many calories as other exercises, but I'm comfortable with it. I play around and zoom up and down the incline and mph, yet still just log the time I spent. Whatever you like to do is right for you.

I'd have to say it was the treadmill for me too. I put my headphones on & get lost in the music. I actually count songs instead of always looking at the clock. Many people like the elliptical - but it isn't for me (at least at this point); I also recently started doing a 15-minute strength-building video. Logging calories-in / calories-out accurately is EXTREMELY important IMHO. I'm happy with my loss and will be at goal VERY soon now - sort of there now, but might go a tiny bit more.

73641431.png
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    You'll probably burn the most by running outside. You can get similar results by cycling at 20+mph, but it is easier on the knees.
  • Hipnotika
    Hipnotika Posts: 69 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Do you have a way to lift? Fat loss will come from a deficit-exercise is for health and will help that deficit.
    I don't have any weights, and i don't have time to go to the gym so the little time i have during the day i use it to do the cardio watching YouTube videos.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    CaMelo1213 wrote: »
    I don't have any weights, and i don't have time to go to the gym so the little time i have during the day i use it to do the cardio watching YouTube videos.
    Anyway you can get ahold of a couple of dumbbells? Even a couple of 10 pounders would help tons. Squats, lunges, curls etc.
  • Hipnotika
    Hipnotika Posts: 69 Member
    Thank you everyone! Tax season is here so i'll be looking to buy either an elliptical or treadmill.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    There is no "best" but the most efficient, in terms of burning the most calories in the least amount of time, for most people, is running(or very similar heavy cardio - elliptical, stairs , cross country skiing, etc.). I have yet to find anything else where I can burn 1200 *legit* calories in an hour's time.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    CaMelo1213 wrote: »

You can use stuff around the house as weights, jugs of laundry soap, gallon milk jugs filled with water, or sand, etc.

• natashajf
    natashajf Posts: 35 Member
    To lose weight you really have to track your intake and make sure you have a deficit, i.e. you burn off more than what you eat. When I started I didn't even think of exercise I just focussed for a month on healthy food intake within my calorie goal.

I travel a lot so don't have access to a gym and the hot humid conditions are often not conducive to outdoor exercise. I have an app on my phone "Tabata" which helps with interval training (intervals are good for loosing weight). You pick an exercise e.g. skipping and it times you 20 sec on hard, 10 sec rest, repeats it 8 times. Then you pick another exercise e.g. jumping jacks / push ups / marching with high knees / side steps / squats / lunges / .... the options are numerous.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    The one that you will do on a regular basis! I think that lifting is important, and it is something that a lot of people don't start doing soon enough.

I am also Hispanic--not sure how culture has anything to do with willpower. If high carb consumption does not work for you, then you have to choose what DOES. I decided that I loved being healthier and thinner more than I loved white rice and masa-based foods.
  • CaMelo1213 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I'm new to MFP and just started my journey to lose weight. Not sure if I'm in the right forum but what is the best exercise to burn fat fast and to lose weight? I started doing 45 minute cardio almost every day but my weight seems to stay in the same number. I don't want to give up so I need motivation. So far I have made major changes on my portions and eating healthier although being Latina it's too hard to stay away from carbs. Any input and advice is greatly appreciated, thanknow you and God bless all.

tqs37lxsb9x4.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Eat fewer calories
    -weigh and log ALL your food carefully

Then lift heavy things and put them down again
  • kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    Some people like HIIT training for quick calorie-burning workouts. I've been doing the Jillian Michaels circut training (30 day shred, ripped in 30) for free on Youtube. I don't know if it is the fastest way to burn calories, but I like what it is doing for my inches.