I've hit a plateau..

Options
I have consistently kept up with logging (mostly) for the past 3 years.
This app has been amazing. I eat 1200 calories on most days ;) a few cheats here and there 1 big one a month usually. I have lost 73 pounds, so success :)
I only want to lose roughly 5 more pounds, but also start working on strength training
I have been doing 30-35 minutes of cardio 4-5 days a week with weightlifting 4-5 days.
i am stuck at this weight, not sure if its just because i have been weight training... I'm new to strength training.
any input?

Replies

• ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    If you are doing that much weight training you have probably been putting on muscle weight and taking off fat. Have there been any body differences?

Last month I did not lose any weight on the scale but with my weight lifting I lost an entire size and my arms and shoulders look different. If you are lifting the scale may not change much.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    If you're new to strength training, your muscles are probably retaining water to repair. Give it a couple of weeks. You might also want to double-check your logging accuracy and consistency- do you use a food scale? Make sure you log your 'cheats' too and that they aren't sending you over :)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    If you are doing that much weight training you have probably been putting on muscle weight and taking off fat. Have there been any body differences?

Last month I did not lose any weight on the scale but with my weight lifting I lost an entire size and my arms and shoulders look different. If you are lifting the scale may not change much.

You don't gain muscle in a deficit.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Not at 1200 calories she won't be.

OP, how long has it been since you lost? If only since you started lifting, it's most likely water retention. But with so little weight left to lose, you have to make sure you are as precise as possible with your logging.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Water retention.
  • alisha232
    alisha232 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i really want to get a scale i try to be as accurate as possible. Hubby says I'm obsessed lol. Ive seen some minor changes in my body, but id really like to hit this last goal and then work on toning. (ive been going to the gym for about three months on the schedule i mentioned above btw.)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    alisha232 wrote: »
    i really want to get a scale i try to be as accurate as possible. Hubby says I'm obsessed lol. Ive seen some minor changes in my body, but id really like to hit this last goal and then work on toning. (ive been going to the gym for about three months on the schedule i mentioned above btw.)

I've been getting the "obsessed" comments from my hubby since I started weighing my food. Ignore ignore ignore!!

• alisha232
    Options
    I haven't lost in the last month. i dropped 5 pounds then it stopped. I'm 5'4 and 135 pounds. It varies too, but mostly stays at 135.
  • alisha232
    Options
    thank you. :) I appreciate your help anyway. Ill look into it.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Switch to maintenance calories for at least a month

Continue to lift heavy things

Reassess at the end of the month