Ever taken the day off?

Options
2»

Replies

• LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    If you have only been doing this for two weeks, I think I would not go too crazy. I honestly take off whenever I go on vacation. In December, I was basically off for two weeks. I knew I would need January to get back to where I was before the holidays. I enjoyed things when I ate out and tried to make good choices during other meals. I know I will start again then. I take a week off here and there during the year but I am always ready to go back to working out and eating right when I am home.

I am having a stressed day today as well I will be over my calories, but I also saved a bunch this week. You could also save some calories during the week to just enjoy extra calories on one day.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    julziepal wrote: »
    Thank you to everyone for responding! It seems there's an agreement that most haven't taking a day off. I realize that my stress level was Very high yesterday and healthy food supply was low. Got home late, hungry and frustrated when I posted my question. I did go over my daily calories on some pizza. However, I logged it and wrote a note for tracking tigers. I strongly believe it's not the fall that defines us but how we recover to stand even stronger! So, there's several lessons in this, but a big one for me is knowing a tiger.

Thanks again, :)

Good for you!! You pushed through and logged what you ate and made a note. That's awesome!

I just want to clarify, I have absolutely taken time off from logging (or just estimated or quick added calories) for several meals or days, and even took an eight week weight loss hiatus and maintained recently. I believe that there is room for that and that it's fine, as long as you are still meeting your goals. You will know on weigh in day if your strategy is working and if it's not, readjust!
  • gafuk
    gafuk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    These people are much stronger than me too. I let things go now and then and know I will go over. If you go over one day, try harder the next and make sure you don't slip out of the good habits. The great thing about MFP is you are the only person who polices you. Suppose it depends how bad you want to lose weight, so it is up to you. I think its good advice not to have a day off logging though. You can see what your weak day has cost you in cals and hopefully spur you on to pull some back by trying harder. Over the last 12 months after joining I have lost quite a bit of weight ( 50 lbs) despite my "occasional" o:) lack of strength. Good luck
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    If you feel the need for a day off, you're doin' it wrong.

I took a whole month off... During that time, I realized I WAS doing it all wrong before. LOL!! :laugh:
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I took 10 days over Christmas, realized I hadn't been eating enough calories when I suddenly had energy, came back better. This was after 4 months. I think if I ever feel the way I felt prior to that week, I will take another break and reassess.