Prone to failure

Options
Well, no, not really. Not anymore than the average person at least.

I've been doing this for about 3 years, over and over and over again...and i'm back to square one. I'm at my highest weight again for the first time in two year. I feel awful about it.

I'm at 205, when for the last two years I'd maintained at 180. At this point, it just seems like a vicious cycle. I've heard all the suggestions and all the advice and I've tried so, so many different methods but I feel like I've established such an apathetic attitude towards myself in general that mustering up enough energy to change myself for the better is almost impossible.

I want to lose the weight, I do. But I have no idea how to approach this from a new angle or how to to, after pulling myself out of a slump, keep myself out.

I'm feeling so discouraged and very lost. Sorry there isn't much of a point to this, just a whiny self-indulgent post. Any advice is welcome.

Replies

• agraf01
    agraf01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I'm having a tough time with motivation, I watch food documentaries on Netflix. It may sound weird but it usually helps me focus on health rather than weight, which for me, is more motivating.
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    agraf01 wrote: »
    When I'm having a tough time with motivation, I watch food documentaries on Netflix. It may sound weird but it usually helps me focus on health rather than weight, which for me, is more motivating.

I don't really have a problem eating healthy. I think that's the worst part of this. It's not that I need to eat differently, I need to eat less. Which is odd, I suppose.

For example, my "binges" will consist of nuts, bananas, granola, honey, etc.
  • keeponlaughing
    keeponlaughing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Do you have a friend I coworker that could count calories - D I E T is a four letter word in my mind- with you? Sometimes having someone to go along with or be aaccountable to is a great help. Same with lots of motivating strangers aka new friends on here. My diary is open if you want to add me.