any healthy non meat snack or meals under 150 cal??

Options
2»

Replies

• babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    YUM!!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    there are boat loads of snacks to be had for 150 calories. I wouldn't consider anything that paltry to be an actual meal though.

handful of almonds
    greek yogurt
    cheese
    fruit
    veggies and dip

literally, pretty much anything you can think of snack wise can be had for 150 calories.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Wow, great suggestions. Going to bookmark this thread.

For some quick food without a lot of time I eat an egg/egg white over spinach, or a lean turkey breast burger (roast up extra for easy heating). Raspberries, orange pepper, cukes, rice cakes with some cheese thinly sliced. Or my fave...a small/medium yukon gold potato with a tiny bit of butter or sour cream and salt.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    If I don't have alot of calories for dinner, I will top either zucchini or eggplant with marinara and a sprinkle of cheese. Marinara is often low calorie, especially if home made.

Pureed cauliflower is good. Steam or boil cauliflower. Blend and add small amount of butter & laughing cow light cheese. Delish!

My favorite condiment is salsa. You can dr alot of things up with salsa. Omelet with veggies and topped with salsa. Also, bake some corn tortillas to eat with salsa.

I used the trick of hanging a corn tortilla over oven rack and baking low. It drapes to make a crispy tortilla that stand easily. I made fish tacos.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Two rice cakes (flavored if you like) with Laughing Cow light Swiss (split a wedge between the two cakes) and 12g PB2 (prepared with water).

100 kcals of nuts and a light string cheese.

15g popcorn (unpopped weight; air-pop in a paper bag) mixed with 20g M&Ms. (I highly recommend this, especially if you salt the popcorn well.)

60g guacamole (made with 50g avocado, 15g hot salsa, splash of lemon juice) and either half a serving of popchips or 100g each carrots and tomatoes.

But really... almost any snack can be sized to fit under 150 calories. Meals, not so much.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    15g popcorn (unpopped weight; air-pop in a paper bag) mixed with 20g M&Ms. (I highly recommend this, especially if you salt the popcorn well.)

I do this also, but with Jr. Mints.....OhMyGoodnessGood :)
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    Thanks again!! what do u all eat before the gym or workout???
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Oops, sorry didn't see that you were looking for non-meat snacks!
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Almonds, celery and peanut butter, yogurt, one serving of Cheerios, string cheese paired with grapes or pretzels, those cheese wedges, 2 eggs, oatmeal
  • horserider1015
    horserider1015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pickled are almost no calories, carrots are 35cal for 3oz, apples are around 80cal, oatmeal is around 140cal with no add ins
  • amazinglyjae
    amazinglyjae Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Thanks again!! what do u all eat before the gym or workout???

an apple or banana.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    You guys are so helpful! If you have any picx of you meals or snacks ect please post them!!