Kickboxing

Options
I joined our local kickboxing gym (9 Round) earlier this week! Had one workout so far and love it! 2nd workout tomorrow am :) I've had a hard time finding a workout that I like and can stick to without breaking the bank and think I found it at last! Anyone else do this kind of work out? (They use an internal system. 3 min on a station with 30 sec of "active rest" in between).

Replies

• StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have been tempted to try kickboxing as a workout. I do the occasional shadow boxing with light weights. That is hard! I agree that you should stick with it.
  • Janasse
    Janasse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 workouts. I didn't give it my all yesterday as I'm recovering from being sick but can still feel it this morning! I'm excited to see how my body changes over the next few weeks :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    As a Certified Kickboxing instructor, I can tell you that I've gotten so many clients to change their physique with instruction. Along with getting a "harder" look, the stress release and empowerment many feel when they complete a class (especially when they weren't cardio fit to begin with), makes it worth instructing.
    On a personal note, kickboxing has kept me fit for 30 years+, helped retain flexibility, and kept me sane from doing cardio routines I abhored.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Janasse
    Janasse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I did my 3rd workout this morning and feel a bit self conscious cause I can't quite keep up with the others. I wouldn't say I'm bad, just obviously not as fit as the people that have been doing it for a while. I was definitely exhausted by the end but did not feel over worked (if that makes sense). I'm starting to feel it a bit now though! LOL