1030 cal and not losing! why! ?

I've been eating quite on target. I've always known that I have a frustratingly efficient metabolism. But I don't understand how I can not be losing weight with what I eat! ?
I would be thankful for some constructive input! Thanks

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Unless you are like 3 feet high, 1030 calories a day is not maintenance for you. Either you are underestimating your calorie intake and/or you are overestimating your calorie burn from exercise.
  • superexcellently
    superexcellently Posts: 25 Member
    You're not eating enough.
  • Hollisss
    Hollisss Posts: 88 Member
    If you want advice please post your typical diet, exercise routine, height and weigh.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Your diary has a lot of "servings", cups and spoon measurements. Do you use a food scale?
  • Yes
  • I have everything open. I am weighing everything before I eat. This is really frustrating. My exercise is based on runtastic. I only run. The calorie intake is according to calorie calculator~ age, height (160cm/ 5'2"),sedentary lifestyle. I'm average active, but I'm not hungry on this amount of calories. I drink nothing but water unless posted.
    I know that running more would help. All I want is to lose 2 more kg...
  • Btw...my diary is open ...
  • Your diary has a lot of "servings", cups and spoon measurements. Do you use a food scale?
    I went back to see what you meant with "servings" . I only eat homemade food. Soo I weigh all the ingredients the recipe and divide the finished dish into servings. That is how the serving is measured. So I know the calories are accurate.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Going back through your food diary, I see a number of missed days and what looks like a few uncompleted entries. Make sure you're logging all of your food, every single day. Double check the food database entries you choose to ensure the nutrition information is accurate. And then give it time. If everything is accurate, you should start losing weight.
  • Going back through your food diary, I see a number of missed days and what looks like a few uncompleted entries. Make sure you're logging all of your food, every single day. Double check the food database entries you choose to ensure the nutrition information is accurate. And then give it time. If everything is accurate, you should start losing weight.
    The last 10days have been charted 100%. Have not lost since then.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    You only need to lose 2kg so you really should only be aiming for 0.5lb a week loss, which would definitely mean eating more than 1030 calories a day.

Do you need to lose that weight to get you within a healthy BMI, or are you already at a healthy weight? If your weight is at the lower end of the BMI scale already, it might take a bit longer to lose that 2kg.

Be patient.
  • I'm at a healthy weight but at the top end of BMI.
    Maybe it is just slow going when you are trying to adjust a little. Thanks. That's encouraging.
    P.s. unfortunately, when I surpass 1100cal. I gain. :( I have a really really efficient metabolism. I just don't need much. Have healthy hair and nails etc.
  • annavalente
    annavalente Posts: 119 Member
    Im 5ft 1 and at a healthy weight...im eating 1300-1400 a day and im still dropping 1lb a week. Do you weigh all sauces you eat and any oil etc you cook your food in? What about liquids you consume?

How many calories are you estimating you are buring while you run? :-)
  • Just checked. My BMI is 24.6.
  • Clawsal
    Clawsal Posts: 255 Member
    It is so weird that you seem to gain on more than 1100 kcal... Did you check with a doctor to see if you have a thyroid problem? (or another problem that makes you gain weight easily)
  • Im 5ft 1 and at a healthy weight...im eating 1300-1400 a day and im still dropping 1lb a week. Do you weigh all sauces you eat and any oil etc you cook your food in? What about liquids you consume?

How many calories are you estimating you are buring while you run? :-)
    Yes.
  • JackPudding
    JackPudding Posts: 37 Member
    You're not eating enough.
    If she wasn't eating enough then she'd have lost weight though?
  • Clawsal wrote: »
    It is so weird that you seem to gain on more than 1100 kcal... Did you check with a doctor to see if you have a thyroid problem? (or another problem that makes you gain weight easily)
    Yes. 20 years ago. It showed marginal problems. Nothing to do anything about. I've eaten extremely low cal all my life. I gained 5kg this past year. So decided to go even lower...nothing is happening.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Maybe you need to slowly increase your calories if you've been eating this low all your life. You might gain a bit initially but it'll level out.

I always used to stick to 1200, but then I increased to 1500 and didn't gain weight, but I don't weigh myself that often, so I guess I could've gained initially and not been aware.
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    I think that it's not uncommon to hit a 10 day stall, or even a 3 week stall on the scale. If you do everything right the scale will budge eventually and it might be a "whoosh" effect where some pounds come off all at once. It doesn't always reflect on the scale immediately.

However, if nothing changes after many weeks and you truly, honestly, trust that you are weighing everything accurately including all snacks, bites of other people's food, cooking oils/butter, everything, and you continue to not lose weight, then you need to see a doctor. There's no advice anybody on a forum can give you to miraculously fix your weight stall if you're already doing everything right.