Learning about my body

Options
Just wanted to know what I can do to gain weight. My goal is big but my current weight is small so I dont see it as unreasonable. I have to wait a month to do any heavy lifting because I have a kidney stone problem that wont get fixed until then but I thought if I can get some diet things right now and kilojoule/calorie intake that could help me. Advice on being able to eat food in general would be good too as I have trouble with that anyway which is probably why Im so little. Any advice and helpful opinion would be good cheers

Elliott

Replies

• markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The real key is to just start increasing your calorie intake. If you are gaining .5-1lbs a week you are on track. If you maintain or lose at your current calorie amount you need to increase your intake. Slowly add calories until you find the sweet spot where you can gain weight at a healthy rate. Hope you have a speedy recovery with your kidney stone problem and can get to lifting and get some good gains!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    It's not hard to gain weight but you should certainly check with your doctor to see if you have any restrictions due to your condition. If protein is not an issue you should up it to about 1g/lb of body weight and your fat should be at least .45g/lb of body weight and eat around 250-500 calories/day over your maintenance.

Other than dietary restrictions given to you by your doctor just get enough calories to be in a surplus and don't worry too much about specific foods. As long as you get all your protein, fat, daily servings of fruits, vegetables, and micro nutrients the rest is just for calories.