Mystery weight loss, or the pushing through pays off?

Options
So I'm a little concerned. I have lost 6 pounds in one week. I dropped 20 pounds without a problem in two months. But almost stalled in November (understandable) but nothing was coming off in January. I bumped up my exercise, still nothing. And then, in the last week I've dropped 6 pounds. Is this normal? trying to pinpoint what caused it? maybe a carb binging over this past weekend and the watching diet over the last three days? I usually eat 1500 a day, and exercise intensely an hour 5 to 6 times a week.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yep, just goes to prove that weigh loss isn't linear. Way to go!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Yup, normal. I typically lose 4-5 pounds within a few days and there is nothing different in my habits those days. I have noted this pattern is tied to my monthly cycle.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's called perseverance. Way to go!!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    You were retaining water, likely as a result of increased activity, and now you've released the water. Weight loss isn't linear and that water weight can fool you.
  • NotSoPerfectPam
    NotSoPerfectPam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm close to my TOM and notice I lose right before I gain :(

jgnatca wrote: »
    Yup, normal. I typically lose 4-5 pounds within a few days and there is nothing different in my habits those days. I have noted this pattern is tied to my monthly cycle.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It's the whoosh

Gotta love those whooshes