Any protein powders out there I can make into hot chocolate?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
All I'm finding is shakes with ice. I want a nice protein based hot chocolate I can sip before bed. Any ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• 111june
    Options
    Wonderslim makes a great hot chocolate. Check out their website Dietdirect.com. Seems like they have a mint and raspberry flavor also. I have found their shipping to be very quick.
  • tweekedgirl
    tweekedgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The Protein Works do a protein-enhanced hot chocolate
    http://www.theproteinworks.com/products/protein-foods/hot-chocolate
  • wootrition
    wootrition Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bulkpowders does protein hot chocolate, too.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Don't protein powders become chalky in hot beverages? Serious question, I have little experience but I remember reading some rant about it.
  • durango83
    durango83 Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    for the love of god, get rid of that profile pic

go blue!!!
  • hurricanelena
    hurricanelena Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can use just about any chocolate protein powder. The trick is to "temper" the powder so it won't curdle. Mix your powder with about half your liquid, warm the other half really hot, then slowly mix the two. Alternatively, you can Heat your liquid first, and then slowly add your powder. For both, don't reheat after its mixed! It takes a little longer, but I've made some delicious egg nog type drinks this way.

I also believe that soy protein powders are supposed to hold up better to heat than whey, but I've not tested this theory.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I make hot chocolate all the time with my protein powder. Tastes better than the conventional hot chocolates.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    durango83 wrote: »
    for the love of god, get rid of that profile pic

go blue!!!

Excuse me while I vomit! GO BUCKS!!!!!!