I'm a 34 year old mom who is here because I'm at my heaviest I've ever been.

Options
I'm 5'10", 220 lbs. I'm a married mom of an awesome 8 year old son. I've developed some binge eating habits that need to stop. I can eat great for the first two thirds of the day and then it's like I turn into someone else. I wake up in the morning feeling like I violated my own body. I'm motivated by a new factor now, my doctor said I am pre-diabetic and that scares the crap out of me. I really want to get with other people can relate. Please add me. I can really use all the support I can get. Thank you.

Replies

• Ogopogo
    Ogopogo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Nichole, that sounds very much like my issue. I have never had a problem exercising and all day I can eat well then...9pm hits and I would go crazy with food.

I had to fast for a blood test one night and couldn't eat anything after 7pm. The lab couldn't get blood from me the next morning because I was dehydrated so we tried again the day after so, I had to fast for two nights, side-tracking my binging habit. I thought that, if I could do that twice because I HAD to, I could do it everyday because I HAVE to. My blood test revealed very high cholesterol. Now, I have stopped eating after 8pm (with a couple of slip ups) for the most part and I have lost 21 lbs. A long way to go but, I am building a habit that will help me to live a longer, healthier life.

I wish you the best along your weight loss journey.
  • 4rainbow3
    Options
    You can add me! I have an iPhone and can't add people. But feel free to add me!!
  • nicholegrey
    Options
    Yeah I think I need to set a cut off time for myself. I think that monks fast for weeks so me not eating after 7pm shouldn't be that difficult
  • Marxytron
    Options
    Add me mama!!! Id glady help u out with diet and exercise... :)
  • kreist5
    kreist5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I was reading your post and I would love to be friends with you and have someone else to enjoy the weight loss journey. I had started me weight loss at 3 weeks ago and have seriously lost 10lbs already.
  • cakenedith2
    cakenedith2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 35, mom to a toddler and have the binging issue as well! Add me as your friend! You can totally do this:)

Read: breaking free from emotional eating by geneen roth!
    It's an amazing book and taught me so much about myself!
  • mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I'm a mom of 4 and down 37 lbs so far. Add me as a friend!
  • jruby472
    jruby472 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have 3 kids and joined in the hopes to lose weight for my little sisters wedding. We can motivate each other!!