Advocare Fiber Drink is the devil..

Options
I just started the 24 day challenge, out of curiosity and a school experiment, and am wondering if anyone has any tips to make getting the slop down easier?

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Stop drinking something that you admit is "slop" and just eat real food at a calorie deficit.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Stop drinking something that you admit is "slop" and just eat real food at a calorie deficit.

Edit: I should read more carefully - if you're doing it as an experiment with no weight/health goals in mind, then I'm afraid you'll just have to grin and bear it!
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

+1

Change majors.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hi, OP. I'm curious about your reasoning for starting the Challenge. BUT....to assist in your question, when I did the challenge last year, I would save 4 ounces of the morning Spark, add the fiber drink (all in a Blender Bottle). a bit of water shake shake shake and chug like there's no tomorrow.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I did try it myself too. Would not reccomend it to anyone. But The best way I found to handle both the fiber drinks and shakes was to use a straw and have it as far back in my mouth as I could to avoid tasting is and feeling the texture.

It was a bad experience. I couldn't finish the challenge, after about day 15 I had no energy and was constantly on the verge of fainting, and my stomach was always upset. I was, however, nearly $400 lighter including all the extras I was told I had to buy to make it a full 24 days as well as extra optional suppliments
  • smathews32
    smathews32 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kassidi21 wrote: »
    I just started the 24 day challenge, out of curiosity and a school experiment, and am wondering if anyone has any tips to make getting the slop down easier?

Make a muffin out of it! I just started the 24 day challenge also! I have the peaches and cream fiber because they said it taste better but I can't handle it. I hold my nose and chug it... I hate the texture and taste but my goal of getting healthy and losing weight is bigger than quitting because of the "slop". You can do it! It's all mindset and how bad you want your goals!!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Drink through a straw?

Diarize your misery. It should make great reading later.

http://ajjacobs.com/books/drop-dead-healthy/
  • SconnieCat
    Options
    MamaRiss wrote: »
    I did try it myself too. Would not reccomend it to anyone. But The best way I found to handle both the fiber drinks and shakes was to use a straw and have it as far back in my mouth as I could to avoid tasting is and feeling the texture.

It was a bad experience. I couldn't finish the challenge, after about day 15 I had no energy and was constantly on the verge of fainting, and my stomach was always upset. I was, however, nearly $400 lighter including all the extras I was told I had to buy to make it a full 24 days as well as extra optional suppliments

Oh my gosh, right? With the amount I had spent on the extras, I could have put together a down-payment for lipo or started saving for a decent vacation.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Ew, man - back when I did Advocare ('95) it was only pills. Giant horsepills that made you sweat iron and stop sleeping completely, but just pills.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I've only done components of the challenge. I LOVE spark and I wish I could afford to take the probiotics every day. Sorry if tmi, but it honestly did help me after I had my son get back to normal in the bathroom dept.
    I would recommend chugging it over the sink. Pour in water, mix well, chug, and keep stirring and adding more water if need be as you do it. I only did the peaches and cream which apparently is a lot easier to get down than the citrus.
  • MamaRiss
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »

Oh my gosh, right? With the amount I had spent on the extras, I could have put together a down-payment for lipo or started saving for a decent vacation.

I felt so terrible after begging my husband to let me spend the money, and I literally threw more than have of it in the trash, and the other half was usually vommited up.

It would have paid for a whole new flattering wardrobe. Hair cut and collor for a good 6 months, or a weekned getaway

• JasonH_DFW
    JasonH_DFW Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Everything advocare/herbalife/etc middle marketing you should do your research on. Im not here to slam these companies but theres a reason they have the rep they do with serious nutritonalists.
  • GrantR123
    GrantR123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mix with Orange juice!
  • juggernaut1974
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am seriously SMH at these suggestions.

If it tastes so bad that you have to choke it down, drink it over a sink, mix it with something to mask the flavor etc, WHY THE BLEEP WOULD YOU EVEN DRINK IT?!

Just eat real food for the love of Pete
  • MamaRiss
    Options

If it tastes so bad that you have to choke it down, drink it over a sink, mix it with something to mask the flavor etc, WHY THE BLEEP WOULD YOU EVEN DRINK IT?!

Yup, it was after this experience that I realized just because someone is a friend, doesn't mean I should trust them when they say whatever gimmick is the most amazing miracle product ever. Lesson learned. Actually, I don't even buy Scentsy from her anymore
  • SconnieCat
    Options

Yup, it was after this experience that I realized just because someone is a friend, doesn't mean I should trust them when they say whatever gimmick is the most amazing miracle product ever. Lesson learned. Actually, I don't even buy Scentsy from her anymore

Exactly. It took me going through the Challenge to start doing my own research on nutrition and what I SHOULD be doing. Plus, it was either pay my rent and buy real food or hand my paychecks over to Advocare.

• lkl7255
    lkl7255 Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The fiber is my favorite part because I feel so full! I also don't mind different textures or flavors, so I'm not picky. I am AMAZED at how many people complain when they are the least bit uncomfortable with something. I will say though, if you drink it TOO FAST you can have the urge to throw up only because your stomach goes from empty to full in a matter of seconds. If you really can't stand the fiber: close your eyes, plug your nose, drink it down through a straw, and chase it with grapefruit or something. It really isn't that bad, in my opinion...I think about all the positive things it is doing for my body... so that helps too I guess!

And sure, some people can just read up on nutrition and make positive changes, but many people need a program to follow to start making that change. Advocare helps with that. It isn't something you have to do the rest of your life... just kickstart a healthy change. I went through the program, learned some things, and now I just follow a clean diet.

It isn't a gimmick. I feel like anyone who says the program doesn't work didn't commit fully to the program and then they blame Advocare for their own failure. Advocare has worked for me, my husband, and the 30+ other people at my gym I've seen do it.

It isn't for everyone... Some just count calories in MyFitnessPal, my mom is a WeightWatchers lifetime member, my sister does the 21-Day-Fix. You just have to find what works for you!

*** A little side note: I found this post because I had Googled "Is it ok if I drink Advocare fiber every day?". Haha... funny how we all like different things. ***
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options

Same here! I kept reading the responses thinking surely at least ONE person would say it doesn't taste horrifically bad, but not one person did. Amazing to me that a company can sell products (at a profit, no less) that taste so terribly bad. Sorry, not making fun of anyone who tried it not knowing it was that bad.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    lkl7255 wrote: »

It isn't a gimmick. I feel like anyone who says the program doesn't work didn't commit fully to the program and then they blame Advocare for their own failure. Advocare has worked for me, my husband, and the 30+ other people at my gym I've seen do it.

:D:D:D:D
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Strong first post