Calorie intake!!

Options
Eating 1200-1450 calories, is that good for a sedentary person? :)

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Maybe.

What's your current height/weight, and what are your goals?

When you say "sedentary" - do you mean you sit around all day and don't move at all? Or do you exercise on top of an otherwise "sedentary" lifestyle?
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    If it's a helpful comparison, I'm sedentary (unemployed, broke and stuck at home most of the time, and don't exercise much due to health) and I'm currently aiming for 1260 cals a day. I started at 1320 I think it was, and have gradually lowered the more I lose (on mfp's recommendation.) It's working well for me, in that I am successfully managing my goal of 1lb loss a week. I'm 5'5'', I started at about 186lbs, now at 143lbs after a steady 296 days so far.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    It's dependent on a number of other factors as well (age, height, weight)
  • claudiahellyeah
    Options
    I'm 18, 158cm and around 46.5kg and when I say sedentary I walk here and there but most of the time i'm at home
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    You're on the tail end of a healthy BMI. If you're looking to lose weight, I would say stop and look into a body recomposition program. Eat at maintenance (which should be higher than 1450 as young as you are) and start lifting if you aren't.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm 18, 158cm and around 46.5kg and when I say sedentary I walk here and there but most of the time i'm at home

Translating that for us Americans - you're 18, 5'2, and weigh 102.

Based on that, and no measurable exercise, your TDEE (calories to eat just to maintain) is estimated to be about 1450-1550.

You're already at a low-healthy weight, so I'd shoot for around 1500 per day.