5weeks of diets lost only 2 1/2lb time to come back to MFP....hope I can do it!

Options
XCHOCOLATECRAZYX
XCHOCOLATECRAZYX Posts: 38 Member
edited February 2015 in Getting Started
Hey everyone,

Just thought I would say a little bit about myself...done mfp last year got obsessed reading forums which lead me to change what was working perfectly well (1700cals a day, exercising 4X a week) ..I tried 5.2, caloire cycling (which meant binging on weekend and eating very little through week to comensate) low carb the works I then got obsessed if the number was in red only by say 100-300cals even though I knew it's over th week that matters not the day and you have to eat 3500cals over to gain -lb of fat so in the end it got too much I made it difficult when it never needed to be,....since January 2nd I did weight watchers 3 weeks didn't work lost only 2 1/2 then gained that back! I then did slimming world low carb for 2 week again didn't work it seems because I'm a stone heavier then I was last year I'm obviously eating more without realising even though I'm sure my portions are healthy and balanced no carb over load think it's the fruit snacking...so as of today I'm back on here as I know for fact it works....I aim to keep things simple don't sweat if I go over caloires (like I am tonight over by 300) and pre log my weeks worth of meals and snacks (works well for me) so tonight I have spent 45min in kitchen scanning everything and logging for week ahead and most days I'm under 150-200 cals which I will only eat on the day IF I'm hungry and not just for sake of it. I do panic a little about foods Iam eating because I now have it in my head low carb is the way forward eat as clean as possible and lots of other stuff swimming around that I won't lose...a typical day for me is breakfast -porridge and mixed berries, snack boiled egg, lunch tin soup with frozen diced veg, snack a low fat yogurt and nuts, dinner chicken veg and new potatoes and snack low cal hot chocolate and a alpen light bar.....I know it's not the best menu but I know it's all about caloires not the kind of foods so will after keep reminding myself that...

..my goal is to lose at least 1st but 1st 7lb would be brilliant by the middle of May as I'm bridesmaid....my ultimate goal is 2st loss but I'm not putting pressure on myself....hope everyone is doing well with their journey so far!

Replies

• JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Have to give it longer than 2-3 weeks. Need to be in this for the long-haul, not for a quick fix.
    2.5 pounds in 3 weeks is nothing to be disappointed about either - many people here would love that kind of loss.
  • freyja1197
    freyja1197 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race :) You can do it!