Water Intake ?

Options
I hate water!! I make myself drink it all day long and I am only getting in about 6 glasses a day. Any more than that and I feel totally bloated and "stuffed". I also tend to not eat all my calories because I feel full from so much water. I do drink a green tea every morning and a glass of milk at night. I do not drink soda at all. Any ideas about increasing my water intake without feeling so bloated? Also, is it possible that this is all the water my body needs?

Replies

• de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    green tea and any fluid counts as a unit of water--it doesnt just have to be water.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I will often add a bit of lemon juice to my water ... it makes it a little more palatable :)

I have never been in love with water either but once you train yourself to take more in, you will feel better all around. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • norbel_shumon
    Options
    I'm not super crazy about water either, but Crystal Light helps (added bonus if you drink the one's with added fiber)... that is, if you are not weird about artificial sweeteners. Hope this helps!
  • Richelle73
    Richelle73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When you don't drink enough water that's when your body will retain it making you bloat. Just like when you skip meals your body thinks its starving it stores the calories, same thing with water. My water has to be cold or its hard for me to drink it and I use a cup that holds 16oz.. Lemon helps and tea also is counted as water intake. Maybe have your first 16oz in the morning when you wake up. Then you will only have 3 more glasses to go. But water can be a hug advantage in your weight lose.
  • emilymae87
    Options
    i was surprised to find that the glass of water that I would drink was actually 16oz so in one glass I was getting two servings of water...I usually drink about six glasses a day and then i have way more than 8 cups...i'd try measuring the fluid ounces...you may be surprised at how much water you are actually drinking!! :happy:
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    I also use Crystal Light or VERY cold water.

Also depending on your excersize you might not need 64 oz of water... technically water in food and all drinks counts toward your daily requirement. & I also read an article the other day on the "myth" of 8 glasses a day.

That said I drink (in addition to soda, tea, coffee, and water in my food) about 120 ounces a day. This is because I live in Florida and run daily at 5 PM and sweat up a storm. Plus, this helps me not retain water and also keeps me fuller. After time you will stop retaining the excess and not feel bloated anymore.

Hope that helps!!
  • de1amo
    Options
    i am guessing 8floz is 250ml---i do wish we could speak in modern metric that is world standard unit
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    i am guessing 8floz is 250ml---i do wish we could speak in modern metric that is world standard unit

8 US fluid ounces = 236.588237 ml ;)

The problem is we most of us are from US where metric is nearly nonexistant. If you told me you drank 100 ml today before I looked it up, I would have to think long and hard about whether that was good or not.
  • de1amo
    Options
    and the rest of the planet uses metric- i note you say US fl oz because they dont even tie up with the uk equivalent standard measurements where imperial was created about 300 odd years ago!!

i have a sixties sports car in the uk that has gallons -us gallons and litres on it fuel gauge--even the uk has stopped using an antiquated irrational system