Best workout for Bicep GAINS???

Options
Alright I'll just say it my biceps are well.....I don't have any ahah. Now I Know eating is 85% of making gains in any body area and it takes years to get massive gains. I just started my workout and nutrition routine 3 weeks ago and I'm seeing nice gains!(noob gains) anyways I want to know what workouts for biceps helped you guys make the best gains with your eating plan. I want to feel that muscle organism in my biceps that Arnold talks about ahah. Would really appreciate it!!!

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    #findastructuredprogram

as mentioned in the other thread, you need to find a program that has progressive overload built into it and follow that for four to six weeks.

If you truly are a beginner, I would suggest strong lifts 5x5…

or go to www.muscleandstrength.com and pick out one of the beginner work outs that was designed by a pro ….
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    As a beginner I'd suggest skipping isolation arm work. Go with compound upper body exercises like presses, pull ups, rows push ups, etc.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    i. can't.

qiNKbQR.gif
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Alright I'll just say it my biceps are well.....I don't have any ahah. Now I Know eating is 85% of making gains in any body area and it takes years to get massive gains. I just started my workout and nutrition routine 3 weeks ago and I'm seeing nice gains!(noob gains) anyways I want to know what workouts for biceps helped you guys make the best gains with your eating plan. I want to feel that muscle organism in my biceps that Arnold talks about ahah. Would really appreciate it!!!

Muscle organisms? I think those come shipped with the Mexican quality roids
  • aaron_larson94
    Options
    Dav you're jokes ahahah
  • aaron_larson94
    Options
    Thanks ndj! I'll implement those into my workout
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    "Why so-called compound movements? Before I actually knew anything about proper training (and this is not to imply that I know even a fraction of what there is to know now), I realized that there was something, an indefinable something, that wasn't "right" about a number of bodybuilders who trained in the gym where I also trained. (This is not to be misconstrued as a criticism of all bodybuilders. Many have a great deal of athletic ability and fine, athletic-appearing physiques.) One such man was an advanced trainee (in the sense that he had been training a number of years and had won a number of local physique titles). However, he was missing a certain athletic quality, a harmonious look. My brother put the finger on it when he observed, "He looks like a bunch of bodyparts pasted together. He's all there, big and all, but the total picture looks awkward-no grace, no glow, no..." The point had been made." - Dr. Ken Leistner

TL;DR- Find a quality program made by an expert. Follow it. Profit.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    #muscle organism

Spirochete1.gif
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    #21inchpythons
  • aaron_larson94
    Options
    I meant orgasm ahah
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The standing barbell curl is now - and always will be - the best exercise for overall bicep stimulation and growth. I do OMAD (one meal a day) and find that my best workouts are after getting up, and around mid-morning (before the meal), I hit them with six sets of 10-12 rep curls after 1 warm-up set of about 30 reps. I just change the grip from wide to narrow between sets. I've put on close to a half-inch in a year's time after losing all my weight and taking in more calories and working out harder.

Don't get taken with all sorts of crazy workouts and workout equipment. Stick to the basics, but if you are losing and have a lot of weight to lose (you don't appear to), then lose your weight first. Don't make the mistake that a lot of people do by thinking they can lose huge amounts of fat by gain muscle. Just will not work.

EDIT: Every other two weeks, I cycle out with heavier weight and fewer reps (about 3 to 7).
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Best way to develop your biceps is to skip leg day. : :p
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    So brah, what program you on?

Remember, power cages are for curling. So curl heavy, at least 45#.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    The standing barbell curl is now - and always will be - the best exercise for overall bicep stimulation and growth. I do OMAD (one meal a day) and find that my best workouts are after getting up, and around mid-morning (before the meal), I hit them with six sets of 10-12 rep curls after 1 warm-up set of about 30 reps. I just change the grip from wide to narrow between sets. I've put on close to a half-inch in a year's time after losing all my weight and taking in more calories and working out harder.

Don't get taken with all sorts of crazy workouts and workout equipment. Stick to the basics, but if you are losing and have a lot of weight to lose (you don't appear to), then lose your weight first. Don't make the mistake that a lot of people do by thinking they can lose huge amounts of fat by gain muscle. Just will not work.

EDIT: Every other two weeks, I cycle out with heavier weight and fewer reps (about 3 to 7).

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26960-1386358230-14.gif
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Chinups, bb and db curls. Progressive overload.

Eat enough to gain weight.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

So much no
  • dominate81
    dominate81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Preacher curls hammers and standing db curls
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    When I get a noob, I start them on learning a pullups and chin ups. This way they learn how to use their back/lats correctly. Biceps will grow from doing these too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png