Binging

Options
Everyday but one I'm am below my calorie limit by a few 100. But lately one or 2 days a week I've been binging and I hate it I feel so fat and I'm injured so I can't go burn off the calories. how do I stop binge eating any tips. ( for the most part I eat what want just limited thought the whole week)

Replies

• JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Don't try and under eat to make up for the binges... just start fresh, right now, and get out of the cycle. When my clients mess up their diets I tell them to get right back on track rather than take food from their diets to compensate for it.

If you are injured you should be eating at maintenance calories to allow your body to get the nutrients it needs to heal anyway.

Use this calculator to figure out your TDEE and eat that; http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Aside from that, figure out WHY you are binge eating. Is it because you are cutting your calories too low? Are you bored? Are you stressed? Are you keeping tempting hyperpalatable foods in the house?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    160wannab wrote: »
    Everyday but one I'm am below my calorie limit by a few 100. But lately one or 2 days a week I've been binging and I hate it I feel so fat and I'm injured so I can't go burn off the calories. how do I stop binge eating any tips. ( for the most part I eat what want just limited thought the whole week)

um, stop trying to eat below your calorie goal. Then you won't feel so hungry. You already have a deficit built in - you're supposed to eat all the calories in your daily allowance.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    also - you really need to get more protein. Protein takes longer to digest than carbs do - so you will feel full longer.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    WHy are you below your calorie limit by a few HUNDRED every day?
    160wannab wrote: »

um, stop trying to eat below your calorie goal. Then you won't feel so hungry. You already have a deficit built in - you're supposed to eat all the calories in your daily allowance.

THIIIIS.