Am I eating too few calories?

Options
I've only seriously started to log in the food I eat and track my calorie intake as I need to lose the last 14 pounds. I set my calorie goal to 1200 calories. I'm 20 years of age, 5'5 and currently weigh 133 pounds (60 kgs). According to MFP, my total calories burned from normal activity is 1940 cal/day. So with 1200 calories, I'm at a daily calorie deficit of 740 calories. Most days, I do fine with 1200 calories, but I'm worried that it might be too low that I won't lose weight. Can anyone suggest whether I should just stick to 1200 calories or whether I should increase it?

I also work out 3-4 times a week doing moderate/low impact exercise and I don't usually eat the calories I burned. Is that bad?

All I want to know is whether eating 1200 calories is too few and therefore could impede my fat loss

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    No
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is too few. No, it won't impede your fat loss
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    yes, it's too low.

You're likely to lose more than just fat - you need to aim for 1/2 lb loss per week, when you have only 14 lbs to lose.

Aiming to lose faster means you'll also lose muscle - you don't want that - muscle is what makes you look 'toned'.