One week in. Need tips and encouragement

Options
I have cut out all snacking. Started working out as much as my body can handle. I love how entering my meals makes me feel accountable for what I'm putting in my body and just tonight talked myself into a salad for dinner instead of pizza. I really hope to see the results I have been reading about on here and would love any tips and encouragement you can provide.

Replies

• sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm not sure what you mean by cutting out all snacking, but for me, never eating between meals just doesn't work.

Since you are a young, possibly tall guy you probably can (and should) eat quite a few calories a day and still lose weight. Do it! Cutting back too much and working out as much as your body can handle may back fire on you.

Instead, if you eat the maximum calories you can that still allow you to lose a pound or 2 a week, in a year you'll be 50-100 pounds down and you will have stuck with it.

I'm sure you'll get lots of tips on this thread; I just want to encourage you to take the slow, steady approach so you do not quit!

55835802.png
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and don't get discouraged if you don't see results right away. Your body goes through fluxes as it detoxes and gets use to it's new caloric deficit or any other changes you may have made. Trust the process :)
  • dannysaundersjr
    dannysaundersjr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No between meal snacking has been much easier than I ever thought honestly, all those wasted calories on a bag of chips or a muffin when they never made me feel full in the first place.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Eat what you enjoy in moderation. Start slow and add changes along the way. Don't overdo it, otherwise you run the risk of burning out. It's up to you whether you chose to snack or not. I find it easier to have 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. Good luck.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Honestly, one of my tips would be TO snack...though you seemed to have cut it out. But, we're all different and I'm glad it's working for you. Eventually you might need to eat more, especially with adding exercise. Don't be afraid of eating between meals. It's fun and you can get a lot of nutrients/hit a lot of your macros by eating wonderful snacks. And don't forget chocolate.
  • charlesdphillips3
    Options
    I sometimes preset my day by adding in a snack- 6 tootsie rolls. ok I log it in and just eat accordingly through out the day