up by jawbone

Options
I have been looking at getting a fitness tracker. I had been looking at up by jawbone since it is a little cheaper then some of the others. But the reviews are so mixed. Does anyone have one? How has worked for you? Would you recommend it?

Replies

• EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I love mine. Its step tracking is a bit odd - you have to move your wrist to get it to record, and it's a bit optimistic about how much I have done, but I'm okay with that.

For my purposes, it spurs me to more activity, and I appreciate the sleep tracker.

Others may be less enthusiastic about it, but I love mine.
  • swipingallday
    swipingallday Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love my #jawbone. You should be moving your wrist/arms when you walk at all times anyway that helps to propel you forward.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    (Shrug). I spend a lot of time carrying things, pushing carts, etc. My wrist isn't always free to move. And as I said, I think it's a bit optimistic when it does register, but that's a negligible issue for me. Overall I'm very happy with it.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    They've been plagued lately by financial issues (and a suit brought against them by company they owed money to). I'd research that and see how you feel about the stability of the company long term before you invest the money in one of their products. I had considered a BodyMedia, but it seems since they were bought by Jawbone new technology hasn't occurred, and support has languished. That sort of killed the idea of that company for me. :(
  • Burghaus
    Burghaus Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My daughter won a Jawbone Up, the older model, and it was too big for her so she gave it to me. It is the model that you need to manually sync with a phone vs. Bluetooth. It seems to do OK. I am not sure of the accuracy of it. Yesterday, I ran 5 miles and then walked around a convention center for about 90 minutes and it logged only 6,736 steps. Other days, it seems to work fine.

The best part for me is that it vibrates if I had not moved for an hour.

As an aside, if these devices are to measure our steps, why are they on our wrists and not on our ankles.