Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    I changed MFP to maintain and ate up to that number. I gained 3# the first 3 days, which I expected (plus getting my period didn't help, lol). I lost that weight in 2 weeks, then lost my ToM weight, and have been between 161 and 162 for the last 10 days. I planned to eat at MFP maintenance for at least 4 weeks going up to 8 weeks (Dec 31, 2014 - Feb 28, 2015) just to find out what my maintenance calories are. Since I've been at a "stable" weight (minor fluctuations due to water and sodium) the last 10 days, I feel comfortable enough to say 2100 calories are what I maintain on. I'm going to go another week, then cut down to a small deficit and work on getting the last 22# off.

Yeah, it's scary at first, especially when you see a sudden weight gain. I couldn't be patient and up 100 cals a day as most suggest. I just wanted to eat all the foods.

So when you lost the 3 pounds in two weeks, did you lose them while eating at a deficit or you kept at those maintenance calories? That seems like a dumb question but I guess I just don't understand if the sudden weight gain is maintenance is just water weight or what.

I've been eating maintenance for over a month. Those 3# were water weight from having my ToM and my body storing things due to having extra calories. I think it went like this:

My body "Oh boy, more food! Let's store it up in the liver for laters!"

2 weeks later "Um, we're still getting extra food. It's enough to keep going, so maybe we don't need this extra stuff in the liver?"

It's not scientific, but it's how I understand my maintenance gain.

^^ love how you put this :) Have a range of say 3 to 5lbs, expect fluctuations as they are completely natural and if you go above that range then you know you have to cut your cals a little.