16 to 6

Options
I started my fitness journey a year ago. During that time is determined to not go clothes shopping until I lost most of the weight that I wanted to lose. I was trying to hold out as long as I could.

Well, last week, one of my co-workers made a comment that I should go shopping because my sweater was hanging on me.

I broke down and did it. Much to my surprise, I found out that I am now fitting into Size 6 skinny jeans and small tops. My starting size was a size 16 pants and XL tops. I never thought I would see those sizes again. My starting weight was 174. I am now 124. I lost 50 lbs. in 1 year through excercising and eating healthy.

I contribute a great deal of my success to my family and friends who have supported me the whole way. Especially my son. He trains me at the gym and helps me with my nutrition. He always encourages me to push myself further.

My Fitness Pal has also been a huge help for me to be able to track my calerories and nutritional values. I am very thankful for this program. I recommend it to all my friends.

Thank you for letting me share my story. If I can do it so can you. Never give up.

Replies

• jess031988
    jess031988 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Awesome job :)
  • Nory143
    Nory143 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!
  • becqrz
    Options
    That's awesome. Great job. I dropped from 12 to size 6/4. Such a great feeling! I can relate.
  • jsidbow
    jsidbow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous! Your story makes me realize that I can lose 50 pounds in a year.
  • time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    awesome work!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent work-Congrats!
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Isn't it great fitting into smaller clothes? Congratulations!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    What an accomplishment!!!!
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great. A great inspiration to someone the same age as you. :D I can't believe you waited that long to buy new clothes! I wanted to do that, but my pants literally fell off one day at work. Now, the clothes I bought to replace those are falling off. I have nothing to wear.
  • samblack46
    samblack46 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    THat is amazing well done you!
  • 00figg
    00figg Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    way to go on your hard work! that is so fantastic!
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Great work - you must have looked like you were wearing a tent if you were wearing your original clothes after a 50 pound loss :)
  • Rvladouceur
    Rvladouceur Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll tell you, belts were my best friend. Lol
  • IndianPrincess8888
    IndianPrincess8888 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Awesome job !
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Such a great story! Unlike you, I couldn't wait to get out of my largest stuff. It was huge yet tight and worn out because I just didn't want to buy the next largest size. I didn't/don't have any smaller sizes in the back of my closet since I've been fat for decades. When I move into a smaller size, everything too big goes. Its fun! (thank goodness for second hand clothing shops!)
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    What a great story. Congratulations on your success. I also have a son who is into training and who gives me exercise and nutrition advice. It's very helpful to have support from your family.
  • Chance535
    Chance535 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What a great transformation. You look great.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    WOW :D Way to go- what an inspirational and encouraging post. You look tremendous and you're so fabulous, period. (*) (*) (*) (*) (*)
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome-you look fantastic!!! Thank you for sharing-I am the same age & starting size. You have inspired me to keep going!!! :)o:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!