Boy did I blow it today!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I did that the other day, was up three pounds over night, then did well the next day, and am back down. Don't worry, just stay motivated to continue and don't let it affect your overall goal
  • msblondegecko
    msblondegecko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a post like this because I just did the same thing! I just started MFP last week and have been so proud of what I have been doing....until tonight. I went to California Pizza Kitchen on a business trip and remembered seeing in "Eat This, Not That" that their Chicken Milanese was a good choice. Then I was offered a "free" dessert and got my fave key lime pie. OMG....then I looked up the calories of both (910 for the chicken, over 790 for the pie)! Both of those combined would be my daily limit! Thanks for all of the replies so far on this. I will just have to go back to eating healthy and learn from this big lesson. The biggest learning is that I have eaten this entree in the past (with a glass of wine) and not worried about it. No wonder I continued to put on the pounds!
  • ibbyiam
    Options
    I was looking for a post like this because I just did the same thing! I just started MFP last week and have been so proud of what I have been doing....until tonight. I went to California Pizza Kitchen on a business trip and remembered seeing in "Eat This, Not That" that their Chicken Milanese was a good choice. Then I was offered a "free" dessert and got my fave key lime pie. OMG....then I looked up the calories of both (910 for the chicken, over 790 for the pie)! Both of those combined would be my daily limit! Thanks for all of the replies so far on this. I will just have to go back to eating healthy and learn from this big lesson. The biggest learning is that I have eaten this entree in the past (with a glass of wine) and not worried about it. No wonder I continued to put on the pounds!
    So true on the last part of your post. The fact that in our past, well mine, that I would have something like that and have dessert, and not think anything of it. Not realizing that was dinner, and probably only had like 200-300 left for dinner, since lunch took a huge portion. I'm keeping track, it does help me.
  • ibbyiam
    Options
    lizzocat wrote: »
    I did that the other day, was up three pounds over night, then did well the next day, and am back down. Don't worry, just stay motivated to continue and don't let it affect your overall goal

I hope so, cause that day I felt like I put every bit of my weight back on. On just that one day of binge eating. Oh my.
  • ibbyiam
    Options
    rocardy wrote: »
    I'm consciously thinking of making my family fried chicken for dinner tonight. It's their reward for eating healthy the last 3 weeks, and possible mine as I have not decided if I will bake my chicken.

It's nice to have a reward day occasionally. I wouldn't stress too bad unless you do it more often than not. 1-2x a month is my limit and I space them out 2-3 weeks.
    Oh I like that, I do it too often like weekends. I have got to get a grip. Thanks for suggestions.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Fear not, I ate a whole cheesecake today :disappointed:
    WUT......seriously? that's pretty cheesy.

Haha I made it to take to a friends place, and it ended up getting cancelled. So there I was stuck with it!! My thinking was..... Eat it and get it out of the house. 470 calories per slice, 8 slices per cake. How I maintained my weight that week I do not know :open_mouth: