What can i do if i miss a meal?

Options
So yeh, this morning i slept in and missed breakfast and would have to eat lunch at around 3. It will have to be a small lunch too. When you skip how should you deal with the other meals?

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    It's not like birth control pills where there's some fancy thing to do if you miss one or two or more. Just eat. If I skip a meal then I have more calories for other meals-score. That's usually a good thing because if I skip a meal, I'm much hungrier than usual at my next. So just eat. Whenever strikes your fancy.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    you eat based on a clock? Thats one problem identified.

Just eat a little more the rest of the day. No big deal, problem solved.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    When you eat has nothing to do with weight loss....If you did not have time for breakfast, eat when you have time, or eat a bigger lunch...It's all about how many calories you eat, not when you eat it....
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    eat if you're hungry?
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    eat if you're hungry?

Repeat as needed.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    It's not like birth control pills where there's some fancy thing to do if you miss one or two or more. Just eat.

*chortle* awesome.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I miss meals all the time. My job makes it difficult to eat sometimes. If you like to eat lunch at noon and wake up late then have a snack to tide you over. If it doesn't matter to you then eat a late breakfast etc.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I really try to plan all my meals out in advance and do all the prep the night before, so even if I sleep in I can grab my breakfast and lunch and run out the door.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Come in out of the rain. Don't take any wooden nickles. Not everything you read on the internet is true. Eat more, at lunch.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    It's not like birth control pills where there's some fancy thing to do if you miss one or two or more. Just eat. If I skip a meal then I have more calories for other meals-score. That's usually a good thing because if I skip a meal, I'm much hungrier than usual at my next. So just eat. Whenever strikes your fancy.

Agreed. I skipped breakfast this morning too. I was running late. Had an early, heartier, lunch. A calorie is a calorie no matter when you eat it. :wink:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Try eating when you're hungry. The human body is pretty good at keeping track of when one should have a meal.
  • jonathanp2
    jonathanp2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I just heard online and on ask.com that if I eat a big meal all at once ill gain weight. So I guess I will just eat what I can for today. (:
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Eat the calories you missed, unless of course you've been going over cals lately, then call it even :)
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    So yeh, this morning i slept in and missed breakfast and would have to eat lunch at around 3. It will have to be a small lunch too. When you skip how should you deal with the other meals?

You will have your daily calorie total, just divide that between the rest of the day.
  • jonathanp2
    Options
    Thank you. This is really helpful. I usually like to eat 2 or 3 meals a day. Because of problems with the people I live with, it can be hard to find a good meal sometimes.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I keep Adkins protein shakes in my fridge and in my lunch tote since sometimes my job will affect my ability to eat (no food allowed in the laboratory!) so I can grab one on the go, or if I'm going to miss a meal because we've got a sample I've got something to tide me over until I can eat and I just adjust my meal accordingly to the calories for the protein shake
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I just heard online and on ask.com that if I eat a big meal all at once ill gain weight. So I guess I will just eat what I can for today. (:

yeah, thats total BS. There are tons of people that believe in intermittent fasting (essentially eating 1 huge meal a day) and then there are an equal number that thing you have to eat 6 evenly portioned meals at equally spaced time intervals.

The truth is neither one makes a statistical difference over the long term. I think it has more to do with whatever you can stick to better, and that is a personal preference. Me personally, I eat about 500-600 calories until about 7pm, then eat between 1500-2500 calories between 7pm and 11pm - I'm just a night person and I also work out at night, so that is when I'm hungry. Also, just to totally blow the myths, I eat about 750-1000 calories within an hour of going to sleep!
  • saudade88
    saudade88 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If it happens, dont stress about it, nothing will happen if you miss a meal!! :) just make sure you get enough calories for the day.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I changed my meal names in the food diary to Brunch, Afternoon snacks, Supper, Evening Snacks -- the which reflects my eating habits. Time of day or how often you eat makes no difference unless you have blood sugar issues or other health issues that need frequent feeding.
  • jonathanp2
    Options
    I kind of messed up today ): I was like 512 calories less then my goal. BUT I did not feel like my body was hungry at all, I didnt feel like starvation mode.