Zumba on tiles

Options
I started doing Zumba yesterday but have a problem my whole house is covered in tiles :s I have rug in the living room it looks almost like this http://decoresource.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/WoolRug.jpg (not sure how to post a picture I'm still new) well that carpet didn't work at all, so today I decided to roll it up, also an epic fail, I slipped, feet got stuck on the corners of the tiles and it was a really unpleasant experience... And now my feet hurts ugh :\

I really love Zumba its so much fun, does anyone have any ideas on what to put on top of the tiles to make it easier for me please?

Replies

• lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You could get a rubber/foam yoga mat perhaps? That and put a carpet gripper underneath to stop it slipping.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Can you wear your sneakers while you do it?
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    This
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I have foam tiles to protect my knees and hands (for bodyweight stuff) as well as the floor, since I rent and would like to recoup my security deposit at the end. :)
  • CindyCalories
    CindyCalories Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    lewispwest wrote: »
    You could get a rubber/foam yoga mat perhaps? That and put a carpet gripper underneath to stop it slipping.

Thank you I will try that :)
  • CindyCalories
    Options
    strozman wrote: »
    This

I wear takkies but it still get stuck in the corners of the tiles for some weird reason :neutral_face:
  • CindyCalories
    Options
    I have foam tiles to protect my knees and hands (for bodyweight stuff) as well as the floor, since I rent and would like to recoup my security deposit at the end. :)

Wow thats a really good idea I thank you :smiley:
  • cuteek
    cuteek Posts: 33
    Options
    You really should wear trainers to Zumba otherwise you will give yourself an injury. My house is tiled and I wear shoes with medium tread so I can slide and shimmy easily.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    First Zumba needs proper shoes, or you will get injured. Second, you cannot use yoga mats, foam etc, or again you will get injured, you cannot use surfaces that make your feet sink. Mats and similar materials are not invented for dancing on. Personally, I would not attempt any form of dancing, jumping etc on tiles, stone etc, there is no way this is good for your joints. There is a reason dance lessons are done on wood, vinyl etc. There are mats (think like floor covers, not just a small mat) for aerobics and dance, so maybe see if you can get something like this? I have no idea about prices though.
  • deathninja82
    deathninja82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Had a similar issue with working out on laminate, York do packs of 2"x2" tiles which work wonders.