Lady 46yrs 5'6" 15st 8lb similar? fancy a race?

Options
MrsCakeyBun
MrsCakeyBun Posts: 17
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I'm more of a tortoise than a Hare but I'm determined to loose this weight once and for all.....I've now got bad arthritis in my knees and hands and the weight I've carried for far to long is making it all so much worse.

I live in Hertfordshire near London, England and work as a deputy Library Manager....don't let that bit put you off as I'm far more lively and fun than you would imagine by my job title.
I've got a 23yr old daughter and my partner Steve has 2 daughters of a similar age so plenty of Mum type experience.
Last Year encouraged by Steve I started long distance walking (he already enjoyed it) and really loved it...I was devastated when I slipped on a wet pavement last November and badly damaged my knee, I'm having surgery on Feb 17th to repair it and then I cant wait to get fit and start walking again.
Steve is a pillar of strength to me on this journey as he has already lost 3st and looks amazing for it....he is also still on his journey and helps me loads, however more friends would be great and I'm looking for ladies who want to chat and encourage each other....so fingers crossed etc.

my other hobbies and interests....Reading (obviously) Crochet (I'm learning to knit too) I listen to a huge range of music but I'm a Rock Chick at heart, Love watching films and documentary's especially history, I spend far far to much of my life on Facebook, we also love to walk and hike and enjoy camping, I have a keen interest in military history especially planes and tanks and enjoy visiting museums. I adore cookery too......hence my battle of the bulge :D