Lack of consistency

Options
I always get bored after doing something for a while. For example, even if I had the endurance, I could never run a marathon just because I would get bored to keep running for hours. But this doesn't only happen when I exercise, but when I also do things that I enjoy. For example, I wanted to watch some TV series yesterday and I had about 6 hours of episodes to watch, but after about 2 hours I got bored so I tried another movie, didn't work (same thing happens with music). Any help please ?

Replies

• feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I dunno that this is so odd. I don't like doing much of anything for more than an hour at a time either, whether it's a fun activity or not. I rotate through things in my day by about an hour each. Maybe due to the class patterns in school?
  • kknox2980
    Options
    I think you just need some extra motivation for others. Sometimes having people to support you is the best way to stay motivated with weight loss!! You can also change it up a bit. Run one day do something else the next day! Feel free to add me...even if it's just for a chat :)
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I think you should take what you consider a problem and try to use it to your benefit. If you get bored doing a particular exercise change it up. Maybe not being able to catch up on your 6 hours on tv yesterday was your bodies way of saying get up and move? I'm the opposite I walk on the treadmill each and every day so much so that it doesn't help me lose an ounce I need to change things up. Sometimes being too comfortable with a certain thing be it food, exercise, music etc can keep you from doing/experiencing new things.