How much should I aim to lose each week/per month?

Options
I'm 20 years old, 5'5 and currently weigh 60 kg (133 pounds). I want to lose another 13 to 14 pounds. Realistically and healthily, how much weight should I aim to lose per week/month? And how many calories would you recommend I eat for weight loss?

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Half pound a week. You are already at a healthy weight, so it's going to be slow if you do it the right way.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 years old, 5'5 and currently weigh 60 kg (133 pounds). I want to lose another 13 to 14 pounds. Realistically and healthily, how much weight should I aim to lose per week/month? And how many calories would you recommend I eat for weight loss?

120lbs is only just a healthy weight for your height. You probably want to be looking at your bodyfat % more than scale weight.

0.5lb per week is the max you should be trying to lose. Make sure you're eating enough protein and doing some resistance/strength training.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options

120lbs is only just a healthy weight for your height. You probably want to be looking at your bodyfat % more than scale weight.

0.5lb per week is the max you should be trying to lose. Make sure you're eating enough protein and doing some resistance/strength training.

+10000