can't stop eating

Options
I have just began my diet but I still can't stop eating .. what should I do and my prom is about 30 day from now :(

Replies

• ElisabethL27
    ElisabethL27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can't stop eating all together. But if you make your own meals you can control how low-calorie and healthy they are. Additionally if you are tempted to over-eat it's best to just ignore cravings and distract yourself with TV or drawing or doing some chores (I actually like to exercise as a distraction so maybe try that)
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You've not really started your diet if you're not actually cutting calories, so let's not say you're doing badly at this - just that you've postponed the start of your diet. And you know what you should do, it's all about willpower and you've got to find that yourself. There's no such thing as not being able to stop eating, it's an impulse you need to overcome. Drinking lots of water and consuming plenty of fibre when you eat might help you do that. On a none consumption theme, finding ways to spend time might help to. Overeating often can just be as a result of boredom. Addressing your 30 day aim here, don't be tempted to crash diet. You need to take it slow and steady, if you try to drastically slash calories, you'll more than likely end up losing the will to continue and eat a lot more later on.