Fitness blender programs?

Hi
Has anyone used the Fitness Blender programs. The videos are free online, but I'm thinking about buying their 8 week program. I have the cardio part of my day down, but am struggling to build muscle - wondering if the program would help. Anyone tried them? Any reviews?

Replies

• LorraineZinn
    LorraineZinn Posts: 43 Member
    My husband and I are on the second of their four-week low-impact programs. It is working tremendously well for us. We have both lost fat and gained muscle, and our balance and coordination are vastly improved. The value for the price has been incredible! After we go through this low-impact program a second time, we will get really super brave and do an eight-weeker. I love Fitness Blender, and I think their programs are very well designed and extremely effective!
  • tycoon460
    tycoon460 Posts: 28 Member
    edited February 2015
    I've been using the programs for a few months now.

I first used the 8 Week Fat Loss Round 5 (PDF format). I lost around 20 lbs and had family members comment it looked like I gained muscle mass too. I found some of the workouts to be long. Some are close to 1.5 hours doing 1200-1300 calorie burn for full effort. Most are usually around 30 minutes to an hour though. I liked the PDF version I built private playlists on youTube then I could view them on my smart tv and it would auto play. The workouts use all the same videos found on youTube. They might include a warmup, workout, and cooldown in the same video or break them apart. Sometimes you get Warm Up Cardio in one video, your working in one or more videos, a cooldown in another video, and even another video for extra credit burn.

After I finished that I bought the 30 days Fat Loss for busy people program built into their new website. Those are usually 15 to 30 minutes. I like that since the list is already made up for me, but it's lacking some features currently. You can't easily adjust days if you miss a workout day due to scheduling or being sick.

I also bought the muscle mass one for once I'm done with the current program but I haven't started it yet. I have it scheduled to begin mid March. From the looks it's just the same videos as on youTube. The make suggestions about adding more weight or reps at the top of the guide to customize the workouts for your goals. Overall it's just like the other programs but for weight training. I'm starting to get a little irritated with all the cardio and HIIT so figured I would change it up.

• TryingTeresa
    TryingTeresa Posts: 54 Member
    Thanks guys - think I'm going to give it a try.
  • mholoneo
    mholoneo Posts: 6 Member
    I have purchased Round 1 of their Fitness Blender's 8 Week Fat Loss Program to Lose Weight & Tone Up Fast and looking for someone who can purchase Round 2 or any of their programmes really so we can swap the pdf's-let me know if you're interested :)