Light, Low Carb Meals

Options
I have a serious problem with consistency when it comes to diet. So much so, in fact, that I am considering an approach which would only require me to be super strict for one day at a time before I'm allowed to loosen up a tad: Carb Cycling.

I am taking cues from Chris Powell's "Choose More, Lose More for Life," but not following this meal "plan" exactly. Essentially, on my low carb days, I'm going to stick with the South Beach Phase 1 food list (sans beans, but with the addition of some saturated fat). So, my diet those days will consist of meat/eggs, nuts, Phase 1 approved vegetables (so nothing starchy/sugary), nut butters, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. No fruit. No bread. No sugar or other sweeteners (I can't eat 0 calorie sweeteners, so those are out).

But this will only be around 3.5 days a week where my predicament comes in to play. I currently weigh myself on Monday evenings at my Weight Watchers meeting (I attend with a friend), so even though Monday is set up to be a higher carb day, I actually plan on making it a split day. I want to stay low carb until after my weigh-in (though I may allow a serving of berries or something since in Chris Powell's book, he does say to have a "high carb" breakfast).

Since I weigh myself between 5 and 6pm depending on which location I'm able to get to, and I eat lunch between 12 and 1, I don't like eating a lot of bulk for lunch. So, lunch is usually more of a light snack than anything (I'm often not hungry when I eat lunch).

So, what are some good, lighter options for breakfast/lunch that are low carb, and preferably lower in sodium? I don't care for the taste/texture of mayo, and as I said before, I can't eat any 0 calorie sweeteners. I want to try to eat the same thing for breakfast/lunch every week in general. Right now, it's usually a low-sodium deli meat and cheese sandwich with veggies for breakfast and fruit/yogurt for lunch (Fruyo classic is my go-to). I actually prefer to go with the "lighter" more "breakfast" foods for lunch on Mondays so I eat more bulk earlier.

Thanks for the help!

(By the way, I am actually setting things up so that the days that are my higher carb days are the days that I usually eat out in order to allow for some flexibility that works with my current lifestyle).

Replies

• Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com. I get a lot of recipes from her. Also join us in the low carb group.