Clean eating and alcohol, possible?

Options
Seriously. I like craft beers, and I'm unwilling to cut them out of my diet. What can I do?

There's getdrunknotfat.com, but a ton of craft beers are not on there.

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Fit them into your calories/macros for the day. You don't have to cut them out to lose weight.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    As long as you work them into your macros, and work out, I don't think it has to be all or nothing.
  • Lawngirl296
    Lawngirl296 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love craft beers so I count the calories in my daily allowance and work out like crazy to make up for it. Life is meant to be enjoyed!!!!!!!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    cut back on them.

part of my weight gain was from alcohol. i'd come home and have a beer or two. then two glasses of wine with dinner. then a scotch or two afterwards. a good thousand calories in booze alone.

so you like your craft beers? awesome. do you prefer them as soon as you get home, before dinner, during your meal, or after a meal? the answer is probably yes to all of them. but well, you probably shouldn't be having that many in a day. and i know, it's summer time. nothing like a cool drink after a hot day.

so find some ways to make the booze last longer. maybe only buy yourself a six pack at a time, so that you ration it out a little better. maybe only keep two beers in the fridge at a time. maybe you can say one beer a day. maybe you just say something like "no beers on tuesdays and thursdays."
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    This is why I hate artificial categories like "clean eating". If you cut out the things you love, you are probably not going to be able to stick to it. So just eat as well as you can, and enjoy that craft beer.
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i agree
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    This is why I hate artificial categories like "clean eating". If you cut out the things you love, you are probably not going to be able to stick to it. So just eat as well as you can, and enjoy that craft beer.

I see your point, but I plan on going clean eating light, just for the beer. I already make a bunch of my food from scratch, or as close to scratch as possible. I'm working on finding good farmers markets for produce. I' just refining my clean eating light system.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    80% clean, the other 20% whatever you want--
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Like others said you can fit them in to your calorie limits. You might also want to try to drink one or two really special drinks but savor them instead of a 6 pack of commercial beer, and limit your weekly consumption.

For me alcoholic drinks are reserved for special occasions and since I only drink a couple I will drink the good stuff.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    You either want to eat clean or you don't. Decide.
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    as an alcohol professional, i can tell you there is a difference between a craft beer and like, say, pinnacle whipped cream vodka as far as drinking as "clean" as possible.

just work it into your macros, you may want to cut processed carbs in another area, or something like that, but i KNOW you can have it all.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    I love craft beers, seriously, and I will not give them up. I do limit my intake, however. Whereas I used to have one or two a night, I save that indulgence for the weekends only, and it works for me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I honestly think it's makes a difference if you really want to lean out. I like my adult beverages, but I really think I've come about as far as I can while still drinking on a nightly basis...I've cut down to about 19% BF, but I think I'm really going to have to moderate it to get down to my goal of 15%...starting this week I'm keeping it to Friday and Saturday nights only. I don't think I'll ever get into the single digits like I used to be BF wise...I'm pretty convinced to do so would require me to all but give up my suds. It seems that even when I keep everything within my calorie goals, at this point my BF% just isn't dropping if I"m drinking a lot.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    no doubt you'd do better without them.

but calories in calories out works even if you eating donuts (although would probably be better without those too).

just track everything accurately and honestly and you should be ok.

think about trying no alcohol for a week or a month just to see if its worth it.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

what is life without it's vices??
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    if you like it, then do not cut it out,,,
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Seriously. I like craft beers, and I'm unwilling to cut them out of my diet. What can I do?

Just get an average of other craft beers and log that for all your craft beers. Some may be higher, some may be lower but it might just all come out in the wash. That's what I would do anyways.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Yes just get an average of other craft beers and log that for all your craft beers. Some may be higher, some may be lower but it might just all come out in the wash. That's what I would do anyways.
  • thepezzle
    thepezzle Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Amazing, I had no idea life was so perfectly black and white.