Options
2»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    smmorri wrote: »
    I have recently found that my usual 1200-1300 calories/per day, is not enough to fuel my body. ESPECIALLY, when working out. And I have also found, that even though I am eating low calories, I am not losing any weight.....

So, MFP-er's, I have a question for you. What is your thought on eating MORE calories, with the intent of losing weight, and weighing LESS?

Prior, I was grazing throughout the day, but always choosing low-cal options. And then I would eat a large dinner with the family.. Now, I plan to eat a solid breakfast (about 450 calories), lunch (300), and dinner (about 450), With a couple of snacks in-between... To reach a total of 1500 kcals per day.

Is this a better option? Or am I just out of my mind? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! And feel free to add me!

How long have you not been losing? You should be eating at least part of your exercise calories back. If you are at a deficit you will lose, if your at too high of a deficit your bodies reaction is to hold onto water. I would try eating your calories goal and not exercise for 2-3 days, if it's water you should see a drop around day 3. If this is the case, go back to what you were doing but eat at least 50% of your exercise calories back. If you notice your not losing again, take another couple days at calorie with no exercise and see if you have a drop again, if that's the case increase the number of exercise calories your eating,

Really, there is no reason to go all through this. All she has to do is getting her logging under control and make sure she's at a deficit.

If she's not losing, then eating her exercise calories back would not work because she's eating too much as it is.

Too small of a deficit causes people's weight loss to slow down. Water retention is normal, and comes and goes.

Edited to correct.

• Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Too high of a deficit causes people's weight loss to slow down.

No it doesn't.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Too high of a deficit causes people's weight loss to slow down.

No it doesn't.

Good catch. I meant too small of a deficit causes people's weight to slow down.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I figured as much after I posted; your previous posts on this thread basically said the opposite, but I only noticed that after.
  • MzDontStop
    MzDontStop Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello and Help
    My goal is to gain muscle and loose fat. According to Scooby's Workshop I will now do
    5 meals daily, with macros of 45/35/20. Currently my weight is 174 with a BMR 1504 TDEE 2332.

Hello I am new here and have read a few post and FAQ's. I need help understanding my hunger craving yesterday. Yesterday I tried to follow the MFP calorie goal of 1600 but ate beyond that- it was 1967! I kept feeling hungry so I ate more and exercised for a total of 3 hours. 1 hour of body weight calisthenics; 1 hour of dance aerobic class; and 1 hour cardio on Precore & treadmill for a total of 3 hours. Why was I so hungry constantly? I also took a BPI Roxy Lean Theromhypergenic at 7am which used to suppress my appetite. Does anyone know why I constantly felt hungry?
    Today I decided to try intermittent fasting (IF) again- meaning that I will alternate high calorie/protein/carb day with low calorie/carb days. 18 months ago I went from 174 down to 152 and gain the weight back due to a knee injury and a surgery 3 months ago.
    You can take a look at my dairy and send me a private message.
    Thank you
  • kimssporty
    kimssporty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The Minnesota Experiment is worth a read. Or go to EM2WL.com and read their theory and see if it makes sense. I ate 2 times a day for 30 yrs, all under 800-1200 calories of healthy portioned organic foods, no junkie crap and yet steadily gained weight the past 10 yrs, and even yo yo'd for a bit when I changed up my foods, but no matter how less I ate or how much I worked out on all the machines and treadmill I still blew up. 4 weeks ago I read the theory and even though I couldnt bare the thought of eating more than I was used to I struggled to cram food in me. And now I feel alot better, and am weight lifting instead of killing myself on a treadmill for nothing. my weight hasnt budged with the increase calories from 1200 up to 2000 and Ive actually started feeling hungry not stuffed like a turkey which means my metabolism has kicked in high gear for me so now I cut to 1700 cals and lift heavier weights and we're off to the races in weight loss I hope! Wish me luck! Nothing else worked in the past 20 years of eating less and working out more, why not try this, I havent gained or lost weight since increasing my intake these past 30 days so here goes nothing! :-)