So I got a Vitamix...now what....

Options
I am so excited about using my new Vitamix. What are some of your favorite recipes? So far all I have made are fruit/veggie smoothies.

Replies

• scooberooni
    scooberooni Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a Blendtec and use it to grind chicken breasts for tacos, make hummus, baba ganoush, nut butters, almond milk, grind whole wheat, make pancakes, smoothies, quick ice creams. What recipes would you be interested in? I'll be happy to share recipes.
  • WillCams
    Options
    The possabilities are endless. Try nut butters, pumpkin seed butter. Frozen fruit blended to replace icecrem just to start. I even mix all my pancakes, muffins and sakes in mine. My sister is now making all her facial products. Chicken breast pancakes, soups
  • lrichelle
    lrichelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I use mine mostly for smoothies but lately have been using it for "cream" sauces. It's amazing what kind of sauces you can make with raw cashews!
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Did you get the one with the soup setting? Mine also came with a thick recipe book designed to use the settings on my particular model and I'm still working my way through that.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I've made hummus in a vita mix, white bean dip, tomato soup...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    you have a vitamix, blend everything.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    What is funny about a Vitamix, to me, is because it was so expensive, I feel compelled to use it almost every day. I agonized about getting it.

I make green smoothies, kale gets blasted to smithereens in this thing! I whip eggs up in it, add tofu to anything, muffins, I even made shrimp filling for spring rolls. I love this beast.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    If I'm a bit high on my calories for the day, or want to save them for dessert, sometimes instead of rice, I will 'rice' some cauliflower in my vitamix then lightly steam it for a few minutes in the microwave or in a pot. Just cut up a head of cauliflower, put in a bit of water, then pulse in very short bursts.