Stuck just over 200

Options
I have been stuck just over 200lbs for the last few weeks. This is still the least I have weighed in over 10 years but I am very anxious to get there!! I am working out regularly and am seeing definite changes. This is the best website ever and is helping me to change my eating habits. Does anyone have any pointers to get that last couple lbs to break that 200 mark???:brokenheart:

Replies

• ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    First of all CONGRATS!!

I remember teetering at the 200 mark. I just kept thinking, "if only I could get under!!" Now I'm teetering at the 190 mark and it's the same thing... :o)

Persistance is key. However sometimes we do hit plateaus. So maybe take a day or two off from working out, indulge, and go over your calories to give your body a surprise and then when it's all over and done with JUMP back on with a vengence!!

Congrats again and GOOD LUCK!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Increase your protein, you're not getting much at all for wanting to lose weight. Try carbs 50% protein 30% fat 20%. Also, how much water are you drinking? You don't have any in your diary for today so I don't know if you don't log it or if you haven't drank any yet today? It seems your water for other days is sporadic...some days you drink, some days you don't, some days you make it to 8, others you don't. Try for at LEAST 8 but aim for more, LOTS more. If you're eating high sodium, it will cause you to retain water so if you regularly drink a LOT of water, you won't hold onto that water as long as you would without drinking.

I also notice you're doing a lot of cardio but no strength training. Muscle burns fat so get to lifting, lady! :) You won't bulk up, promise. Start with some 5 lb dumbbells and just do curls and stretches. Look up "arm exercises" or "leg exercises"... you can do simple lunges, squats, mountain climbers (hard - definitely not simple but they're effective and will get your heart rate up!), sit ups or crunches. Get a women's fitness magazine and try out one of their routines or just pick a couple exercises to try and you can create your own. Strength training is one of the keys to weight loss. You don't want to be skinny fat and if you have a lot of weight to lose, strength training will help with preventing excess skin. Pilates is also great for keeping the skin taut. You want to take care of the muscles NOW so later you won't have to reverse it.
  • ladysw357
    ladysw357 Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm sitting at that point myself. I hope that joining this site is enough to push me under. I have been told that it is good to "ocassionally" go over your calories and shock your body. I don't know if this works, but it's worth a try!

Best wishes!

1269475.png
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I was getting under 200. It took me longer to lose those pounds than any other amount the whole time! I think it was more of a mental game than anything.. as I wanted to be in the 100s again so bad, but I was holding myself back. That may not be the case for you, but if it is - just push really hard for a week or so. If you've been pushing and eating right with no results try what ican♥and♥iwill said and go over your calories one day or take a break from working out. This can help so much when your body is really used to eating the same amount every day.

Just switch things up and keep on keeping on! You'll get there! I wish you the best of luck!!
  • kristenMcP
    kristenMcP Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was exactly where you were just a few weeks ago. Be patient and don't stress. Stressing about it makes it works and prolongs the time that it will take to get below the 200 mark. Just remember that you can do whatever you put your mind to and have faith in yourself!
  • timeworncougar
    Options
    I do 45 minutes of strength training 3 days a week and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. I just learned how to log strength training.