New to App and really need some advice

Options
Hi, I'm new to this App, started it over a month ago and have only lost 6lbs. Im sticking to 1200 calories a day and cooking foods from the Hairy Dieters book ensuring all foods are below 5% fat. Need help and advice on how to increase weight loss. Btw husband is following the same plan as has lost 1 stone.

Replies

• ScalySquash50
    Options
    So first thing anyone is going to ask is your stats (height, weight, age) as those play a HUGE role in how many calories you should be consuming and how fast it will come off.

6 pounds in a month is not bad at all! that's over a pound a week. Men tend to loose weight much more easily then women, so comparing yourself to him is just going to be frustrating.

The most likely issue is the accuracy of the calorie counter. If your not already, try weighing out all your food. You may find your actually eating more than you should be. Also adding some exercise to your routine can make a huge difference!

But no matter what, just keep with it! Your just getting started on this journey and already have made progress which is awesome!!
  • NikkyT30
    NikkyT30 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. It's important. I use a fit bit to track my activity and it syncs well with this app. It helps me to motivate and move more. Good luck to you and your husband both:)
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Women and Men lose weight very differently so start with acknowledging that biological fact & stop comparing your progress to your husband's progress. You are going to drive yourself completely mad!

And 6 lbs in one month is a fairly good pace considering most nutritionist/dietitians recommends about 2 lbs per week so I'm not exactly sure what all the fret is over.

None of us became overweight overnight so it's a bit unrealistic to expect to lose the weight in a miniscue fraction of the time it took to accumulate it.

Just relax and keep doing what you are doing.

Good luck!
  • angelnic40
    Options
    Thanks for the advise, it's really useful!
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    6 lbs in a month! Great job!
    The more you can exercise - even walk - the better!!!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Only 6 lbs? That's fantastic for only a month. Don't minimize your progress. A little patience will serve you well.
  • miggy1970
    miggy1970 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    6 lb is a sensible goal, good luck, I'm using my xbox one for zumba and some DVDs plus on a low carb plan and walking dogs for 2 miles a day, poor little things are knackered x