Bowl Movements

Options

Replies

• Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Sorry. My mistake on the spelling.
    I drink 4 bottles of water a day and I'm passing gas normally.

That's nice! (about the gas)

Try some senna tea. Problem solved!
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Make some of the nasty low calorie pizza recipes people like to post. It may come out the wrong end, but you'll have a movement.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    you may want to talk to a doc real soon. the doc will probably tell you to drink a magnesium citrate. he or she may also want you to get some blood work done to check your kidney functions.

not moving your bowls daily should be a reason for alarm not going for 7 days should be when panic sets in
  • jme6976
    jme6976 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What helped me was taking a magnesium/calcium/zinc supplement. Read about somewhere on Mfp and it really helps. Also don't cut too much healthy fats!
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Aw man. Being in nursing school I could talk about poop forever, but I see DatMurse got to it first! :laugh:

What have you tried to fix it? Has this happened before? What did you do then that fixed it? Have there been any changes in daily routine (are you now busy with some activity at the time you would normally go)? Stress? TOM?

I'd definitely call your doctor - but these are questions she/he will probably ask you anyway, so they'd be good to think about.
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough fat. Fat does help your body move things along ...
  • jmadams111
    jmadams111 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? I noticed at a point where I was eating below BMR it extended my timing, which adjusted itself when I ate more.
  • malliexo
    malliexo Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have IBS and often times have issues with this. There is a detox tea that helps me a lot. It's by Jillian Michaels.

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
    1 tablespoon natural non-sweetened cranberry juice (do not buy cranberry juice cocktail)
    1 teabag of dandelion root tea
    64 ouces of water

Just make the tea according to the box and add the juices in. Drink the entire batch throughout the day for 5 days. It helps so much with me. :)
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Generally, I will have 3 - 4 bowl movements per week, which is normal for me. However, I haven't had a bowl movement for about 7 or 8 days now. I haven't changed anything in my diet. I don't feel constipated or any discomfort at all. Is this something I should be worried about?

I would be MORE worried if my bowls WERE moving around........i'd be speed-dialin Ghost Busters
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    not moving your bowls daily should be a reason for alarm not going for 7 days should be when panic sets in

Everyone has their own "normal." Less than 3x a week is considered constipation.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Aw man. Being in nursing school I could talk about poop forever, but I see DatMurse got to it first! :laugh:

What have you tried to fix it? Has this happened before? What did you do then that fixed it? Have there been any changes in daily routine (are you now busy with some activity at the time you would normally go)? Stress? TOM?

I'd definitely call your doctor - but these are questions she/he will probably ask you anyway, so they'd be good to think about.

^^^:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ^^^

Rule of thumb is 3 days or more for a pt not having a BM and we go with a stool softener, if no results within 12 hours contact the doctor.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I thought it was gonna be about dishwasher's not being loaded right. Mine makes such a racket when that happens.
    Ahaha! I thought this was an Asian haircutting seminar.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Prunes. Then see your doctor.
  • JenniferHamner
    JenniferHamner Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ROLL TIDE!
  • nmbutler1992
    Options
    Hey everyone, I've lost about five pounds within the last three days - yes, that doesn't sound healthy. But I don't think I've been doing anything wrong. Instead of eating red meat, I've elected to start eating grilled chicken. And I've cut out all soft drinks, and replaced it with only water. Green tea supplements have helped, too. But I'm curious is to what am I supposed to be doing different as a 21-year-old wanting to lose 30 pounds to be in the "healthy" BMI Index category? Any help would be much appreciated.
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?? I ate low calorie for a long time and was not very regular. Since I have upped my calories I feel my body is working much better :0)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I thought it was going to be something about soup.
    LOL
    Honey, we all are just getting a kick out of a word misspelled. All will be well.

I'd contact your doc. Sometimes too much fiber can plug up the plumbing.
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i move my bowl around alot especially when i am eating ceral
  • Harder_Better_Faster_Stronger
    Options
    Fiber. If you're getting enough fiber you will have movement.
  • Raeontherun
    Raeontherun Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    eww.. I thought this was going to be a thread about rearranging the kitchen!

Lmao,same here