Can anyone tell me?

Options
Hi I am walking for a little while then jogging for a little while. What is this exercise called?

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    This is the basis of the C25K training program. Is this what you are asking?
  • gracegirly15
    Options
    No just the name of the exercise
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    It could be considered Intervals, but I'm not sure if that's in the database. If you have an idea of your average speed for the duration you do it, I would log based on that.

I did a couch to 5k program today. I was on a treadmill, so I know my exact speeds for walking and jogging. I was walking 3.5 mph and jogging at 5 mph. Based on time and distance traveled however my average speed was around 3.78 mph. So if I was going to log it, I would probably pick 3.5 mph or 4 mph from the database.
  • gracegirly15
    Options
    I put intervals in but it did not recognise it, and I don't know my speed at all.
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    You could use MapMyRun and sync it with MFP.
    They have an option called Run / Jog - Interval Training.
    If you enter your time it will give you an estimated calorie burn. If you can estimate your distance the calorie burn will get more accurate.
  • gracegirly15
    Options
    No I put that in but it did not find it. Oh well, I guess it will just have to be a very brisk walk instead
  • shadow2soul
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What I was saying is you could create a MapMyRun Account and log it on that site. MapMyRun will transfer exercise logs that you put on their site to MFP if you link them.

sf6hisu7qom4.jpg
    fj5jgton88n0.jpg
    1.JPG 104.5K
    2.JPG 90.8K
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Options
    No just the name of the exercise

It's called walking and running. :smile:
    Think you are best to log as walking until you can spend the majority of your time running - there's many free phone apps which will give you time and distance.
  • sparkles212
    Options
    It could be considered Intervals, but I'm not sure if that's in the database. If you have an idea of your average speed for the duration you do it, I would log based on that.

I did a couch to 5k program today. I was on a treadmill, so I know my exact speeds for walking and jogging. I was walking 3.5 mph and jogging at 5 mph. Based on time and distance traveled however my average speed was around 3.78 mph. So if I was going to log it, I would probably pick 3.5 mph or 4 mph from the database.

Out of curiosity, how many cals did you burn? I'm doing C25K too and start week three this week. I walk at 6mph and jog/run at 8.5mph. Perhaps I'm overdoing it? I have a low heart rate, my BPM is about 49 and that's at my currently unfit state too. I have been told by many people (doctors, gym instructors etc.) that I do have to push myself that little bit harder in order to lose weight :s
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options

Out of curiosity, how many cals did you burn? I'm doing C25K too and start week three this week. I walk at 6mph and jog/run at 8.5mph. Perhaps I'm overdoing it? I have a low heart rate, my BPM is about 49 and that's at my currently unfit state too. I have been told by many people (doctors, gym instructors etc.) that I do have to push myself that little bit harder in order to lose weight :s

6mph walking is seriously quick...as is 8.5mph running. Are you sure you have those right?

• shadow2soul
    Options
    My Fitbit estimated around 260 calories for 35 mins with an avg HR of 151.
  • sparkles212
    sparkles212 Posts: 11
    edited February 2015
    Options
    6mph walking is seriously quick...as is 8.5mph running. Are you sure you have those right?

It's what it says on the treadmill.. Perhaps I'm wrong, it is more likely KPH !!

On a side note, I do find it hard to judge what speeds you're meant to go at on these apps. It says to "jog" and not to run. They should really set some speeds for you based on height and weight etc
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options

It's what it says on the treadmill.. Perhaps I'm wrong, it is more likely KPH !!

On a side note, I do find it hard to judge what speeds you're meant to go at on these apps. It says to "jog" and not to run. They should really set some speeds for you based on height and weight etc

It could be kph - an easy mistake :-) I've not used the programme but perhaps the "jog" should feel as if you could just about hold a conversation still? Or at least utter a sentence rather than have to grunt in words of one syllable!
  • gracegirly15
    Options
    I have absolutely no idea how many calories I am using or my speed. The interval running takes it out of me, but this way I think I shall loose that stubborn weight. I shall look into Map My run and thanks all of you for your help.