Going WAY over carbs because of fruit?

Options
I eat LOADS of fruit throughout the day and I'm constantly going over my carb allotment because of this. Even now, when I'm at a 60/20/20 percentage distribution.

I know that you're technically supposed to have a more evenly distributed macro arrangement because it's healthier and such, but is there really such a thing as too much fruit? Would a 70C/10F/20P distribution be 'not good'?

Replies

• Natorade95
    Natorade95 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert, but I am interested in nutrition (I'm a sophomore majoring in nutrition). From what I've been taught, you'd have to eat an enormous amount of fruit for it to be unhealthy. As far as AMDR's go, a 60/20/20 is well within healthy limits. A 70/10/20 may be too far because 20% of your calories should come from unsaturated fats.
  • Uscary83
    Uscary83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fruit is carbs due to the fructose and the fiber. Carbs are carbs. It is recommended to have two serves a day opposed to 5-6 of veggies. Fruit is not bad but it still counts if you want to lose weight. :)
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Uscary83 wrote: »
    Fruit is carbs due to the fructose and the fiber. Carbs are carbs. It is recommended to have two serves a day opposed to 5-6 of veggies. Fruit is not bad but it still counts if you want to lose weight. :)

I don't go over calories, just carbs. So I don't think that will affect weight loss?

But I guess I'll stick to the 60/20/20 then and see how that works. Thanks guys :-)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    1) You may get more accurate feedback if you set your food diary to public.
    2) If you are still in a calorie deficit you will continue to lose weight even if you are relatively high in carbohydrate.
  • scubagram
    scubagram Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just curious... how much is "loads"? Like I say "just curious"; I'm no expert so shouldn't answer your question. However, if you're setting your goals weight wise and health wise, MHO is it's not too much.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Dietary fat is required to absorb certain vitamins, so you don't want to cut it too low. Do you eat loads of fruit because it's tasty or because you are still hungry? Protein and fat can be very satiating, so you may feel more full with fewer carbs (this will be personal, so it may not be true for you).