What's the strangest thing you've seen someone wearing at the gym?

Options
2»

Replies

• JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hate being *that person* but threads like this are why I'm terrified of going to the gym. I get that everyone is talking about the weirder things they've seen, but low-self-esteem me interprets this as "omg, everyone will be looking at me and judging me".
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Let's be honest, we all love these kind of people.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    jordistsm wrote: »
    Hate being *that person* but threads like this are why I'm terrified of going to the gym. I get that everyone is talking about the weirder things they've seen, but low-self-esteem me interprets this as "omg, everyone will be looking at me and judging me".

I go to the gym 6-7 days a week and unless you show up in a full clown costume (including makeup) your not going to even be a blip on my radar.

• JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 6-7 days a week and unless you show up in a full clown costume (including makeup) your not going to even be a blip on my radar.

Logically I know that, but that little b**** voice in my head always thinks the worst, and she wont shut up sometimes.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I have worked out on the elliptical (actually a cross country ski machine) in wood and leather clogs as I forgot my running shoes and it meant I could still get a workout in.
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I feel the cold really badly, and it can take me a very long time to warm up. I am usually in my fleece, hat and gloves ( usually wool but has been sheepskin), for at least 15 mins into the class, and I have started workouts in a ski jacket!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I sometimes see people lifting weights in jeans and one guy wearing fuzzy slippers on the treadmill. Technically this violates the dress code, but I've never seen anyone busted for it.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    PhilP0wer wrote: »
    ...As far as strange workout outfits go, I did see a couple people all dressed up running the local marathon. One was Darth Vader and the other was a storm trooper. Considering the fact that they were running 20 miles it was pretty hard core

26.2 miles...I only point that out because, although it's been years since I've run one, I can still remember every aching step of those last 6 miles, especially. The first 20 aren't so bad, but man, those last few are killer. I only run half marathons these days - too much wear and tear to do the full ones now that I'm older. ;)